The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

Oh so without the manifold there is no way to attach any kind of airline to the compressor. Seems like something that should be included but then again I like the idea of being able to mount it in another location.

Oh so without the manifold there is no way to attach any kind of airline to the compressor. Seems like something that should be included but then again I like the idea of being able to mount it in another location.

yea under the hood you cant attach it right to the compressor but anywhere else you would be fine

Control arms and new ball joins are being installed today. looking forward to how the ride will be with these new parts thrown on.

also found out the hard way i needed one more part for my air locker to work fully. i wasnt told i needed it until it was to late but oh well you live and learn. make sure if you get the twin compressor and plan on running it onder the hood to get this manifold kit. it will allow you to run your air hose to fill up your tires since you can close the hood with the nosel on top.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/1...oglemerchant&gclid=CNmn7KDBgLsCFdBlOgodWxsAEg

also this will allow you to run air lockers as well when the time i ready.

What made you upgrade the ball joints? Was it just precautionary with the 37's or were the old ones blown?

Steve,

When you get that in, could you take a pic for me. I'm ordering the twin and my sPod tomorrow and I'd like to see where you mount that manifold.

I'm getting it for OBA with the possibility of lockers down the road.

Really trying to reverse engineer and build with purpose and forethought.

What made you upgrade the ball joints? Was it just precautionary with the 37's or were the old ones blown?

Didn't get the ball joints installed yet but I got them just to be safe with the 35's and stuff. Not needed but better safe then sorry.

Sent from my iPhone

Steve,

When you get that in, could you take a pic for me. I'm ordering the twin and my sPod tomorrow and I'd like to see where you mount that manifold.

There is actually a spot for it to mount right in front of the twin. The MORE under the hood mount has a few extra holes to bolt the mount to. I will take a pic and text it to you tomorrow if I work on it.

Sent from my iPhone

Where abouts? I'm right on 70 in Medford by the ACME.

Yo..I am literally down road from PJ's. About 2 minute away across route 70. I know where u are. I am always heading down 70 toward Medford as I run an RC airplane club out there. Will be in that area Sunday if u want say hi. Otherwise I'm always arroubd!

Who's gonna plan the suds n grub???
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Steve,

I finding it funny that more than a couple of us are letting Strve be the test dummy (no disrespect) for all the mods we are all looking at getting :bleh:

Sent from my phone?

^^ finally a reason that not having mod money is a good thing. Lol I think I've said it but if not your jeeps looking sweet Steve can't wait to see it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Who's gonna plan the suds n grub???

We can plan it for sometime after the current one. maybe sometime in january or february so no rush on planning it.

yea thats what i have been doing. i have been planning with a future goal in mind. i try to do a lot of research before i go a get something. the only thing i have seemed to screw up on recently is my control arm purchase lol

I finding it funny that more than a couple of us are letting Steve be the test dummy (no disrespect) for all the mods we are all looking at getting :bleh:

Sent from my phone?

lol none taken Zach. as i said for ben a lot of research goes into it before i buy something. really there is only 2 purchases i am not 100% happy with. 1. being the control arms since some modifications needed to be make to them and B. my teraflex coils. i am only upset about my teraflex ones because of how smooth a ride the plush rides are after sitting in jim jeep and going for a ride. When Eddie says these are the smoothest coils, he means it!!

^^ finally a reason that not having mod money is a good thing. Lol I think I've said it but if not your jeeps looking sweet Steve can't wait to see it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

lol thanks tom! i will hopefully be back up to rausch to see ya in january/february if not before then

So I decided to just order the sPod today...and wait on the OBA set up....the deal just wasn't good enough to entice me to do it, but the sPod deal I got was so....keeps the wife off my back a little bit imo. Gives me time to see your set up in person and make sure it's exactly what I want to go with.

I'm pretty sure it is, but always helps to see it first right!!

Cheers

So I decided to just order the sPod today...and wait on the OBA set up....the deal just wasn't good enough to entice me to do it, but the sPod deal I got was so....keeps the wife off my back a little bit imo. Gives me time to see your set up in person and make sure it's exactly what I want to go with.

Cheers

sounds good Ben. glad you found a good deal on the SPod. like i said i will take a pic of it later and text it to you. and maybe you will still be able to find a good price on it today/this weekend with the deals going around

Cheers

What kind of deal did you find on the spod?

Well yesterday I installed my ARB manifold kit and hooked up my locker and air hose to fill up the tires.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843709.032602.jpg

And today I cleaned it up because I hated how messy it looked lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843739.435855.jpg

Also yesterday I installed my airaid CAI system. Simple install but because of how cold it was it took a while lol
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385843793.405991.jpg

Also today I got a alignment done at a different shop then I was going to and wow what a difference! It feels like I'm on the skinny bike tires again it handles so good lol

Sent from my iPhone

Well yesterday I installed my ARB manifold kit and hooked up my locker and air hose to fill up the tires.
View attachment 58355

View attachment 58356

Also yesterday I installed my airaid CAI system. Simple install but because of how cold it was it took a while lol
View attachment 58357

Also today I got a alignment done at a different shop then I was going to and wow what a difference! It feels like I'm on the skinny bike tires again it handles so good lol

Sent from my iPhone

Looks good buddy , nice and clean , get a rubber cap for the air outlet, they sell them where they hydraulics...kept the dirt out

If you don't have a CB yell from your Jeep

Looks good buddy , nice and clean , get a rubber cap for the air outlet, they sell them where they hydraulics...kept the dirt out

If you don't have a CB yell from your Jeep

Great idea! Thanks Don

Sent from my iPhone

View attachment 58355

View attachment 58356

View attachment 58357

Sent from my iPhone

Nice work!!!

Top Bottom