Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport picture diary

Got my decals in :) put the windshield banner on in the warmth of the Fire station tonight.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456540715.352213.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456540728.305350.jpg

I also ordered these, which I'm excited about. Couldn't get them installed tonight, I'm not 100% sure where I want them yet. Stay tuned :)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456540774.295314.jpg

I can't help but feel proud to support the Wayalife community. I am glad to run these banners/decals and tell everyone I am an active member of Wayalife. Without this community, owning a Jeep wouldn't be owning a Jeep for me.

Last edited:
I wish that I could slow down enough to take pics like you do.
I am jealous. I do enjoy your daily post.

I wish that I could slow down enough to take pics like you do.
I am jealous. I do enjoy your daily post.

Thank you! That means a lot! I'm glad you like them.

It's sad how much I enjoy it. I like to appreciate the beauty of things through photography. Too bad I'm terrible at taking photos of anything but the Jeep! LoL!

I can't help but feel proud to support the Wayalife community. I am glad to run these banners/decals and tell everyone I am an active member of Wayalife. Without this community, owning a Jeep wouldn't be owning a Jeep for me.

I feel the same way, even with the haters out there. I've received so much great advise here!

Keep the pics coming! [emoji106]

I don't know how I've missed this? Congratulations on the new Jeep! Looking forward to your pics again!

^truth

I feel the same way, even with the haters out there. I've received so much great advise here!

Keep the pics coming! [emoji106]

Haters are our motivators! LMAO. But, I agree. This is a great family and I don't know what I do without it!

I don't know how I've missed this? Congratulations on the new Jeep! Looking forward to your pics again!

^truth

Thank you! Glad you like the pictures and there will be more to come. Maybe even a mod or two ;)

I thoroughly enjoy ALL of your pictures, but this one is particularly awesome!!!!

Oh wow, thank you very much!! :)

I'm glad that you enjoy them! That's why I do it, I love to share all of my experiences, trips, photos, everything with you guys!

First off with the sport decals.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456868016.869241.jpg
Then on with the new corona decals!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456868073.962420.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456868108.867559.jpg

I'd kill for a soft top today.. I'm in the market for one used!

New decals look great! Mine are ordered and will be on soon.

Thank you. You'll love them! They stick out like a sore thumb on Steel and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

It would be cheaper to buy a hardtop lift for your garage. That is what I just did and love it. I can get the top off in about 10 minutes.

Interesting. I've considered trying to build one using ratchet straps, unfortunately i just haven't had the time yet.

Got bored a pulled the lower air dam off. Because who needs gas mileage? Plus it was already full of mud and dirt.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456952524.863216.jpg

Next project : getting the hardtop off. Working on a plan to build a budget friendly in garage storage solution. Stay tuned!

Looks so much better without the dam!

When I bought my Jeep I did the eye bolts and ratchet straps method. I also got a pool noodle to keep the straps from tearing anything up. Here's what mine looked like in the last home I owned with exposed rafters...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456960097.328162.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456960118.778200.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456960129.846902.jpg

I have a Harken Hoister but neither of my last two landlords will allow me to install anything in the finished garage ceilings. My current hard top remover is me, my 15 year old daughter and 10 year old son! [emoji51] We hope to be buying or building a house in the next year or so. Can't wait to be a homeowner again!

Looks so much better without the dam!

When I bought my Jeep I did the eye bolts and ratchet straps method. I also got a pool noodle to keep the straps from tearing anything up. Here's what mine looked like in the last home I owned with exposed rafters...

View attachment 191079

View attachment 191080

View attachment 191081

I have a Harken Hoister but neither of my last two landlords will allow me to install anything in the finished garage ceilings. My current hard top remover is me, my 15 year old daughter and 10 year old son! [emoji51] We hope to be buying or building a house in the next year or so. Can't wait to be a homeowner again!

And Nice! How did the ratchet straps hold? And how easy or difficult was it to lower the top when installing back on the Jeep?

Top Bottom