Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Stopping for some needed Gas and a windshield clean. I will say, putting Gas in a stock Jeep is a lot less frequent than Onyx was!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456966687.543819.jpg

Glad to help! [emoji106] The straps held just fine, even after several weeks of the top hanging there. If I were to do it again, I'd use 6 instead of three. It was difficult with three straps raising and lowering because the ratchets were in the front. I'm only guessing, but it may be easier to have all the ratchets under the top/in the middle. That might make the up/down motion more balanced, but again that's only a guess.

Glad to help! [emoji106] The straps held just fine, even after several weeks of the top hanging there. If I were to do it again, I'd use 6 instead of three. It was difficult with three straps raising and lowering because the ratchets were in the front. I'm only guessing, but it may be easier to have all the ratchets under the top/in the middle. That might make the up/down motion more balanced, but again that's only a guess.

Yeah, my plan is to use 4 ratchet straps with four I bolts. Two for the rear of the top, two for the front. Just ratchet up each individual one. My wife has been saying already she is wanting a TrekTop NX, but still wants to keep the hardtop and have both.

My hardtop storage solution was a Racor Storage Hoist. Easy to install, easy to remove hardtop and easy to put top back on. It takes about ten minutes or so to store my top. I also store the Freedom panels on the top. This keeps them out of the way. When I am not using it I can use it to store other items up and out of the way. Check out the link below which is a search on google. (Racor Jeep Hardtop Hoist)

https://www.google.com/search?q=low...Q_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=racor+jeep+hardtop+hoist

I think it was about $140.00 or so from Lowes. I know Amazon also has them.

My hardtop storage solution was a Racor Storage Hoist. Easy to install, easy to remove hardtop and easy to put top back on. It takes about ten minutes or so to store my top. I also store the Freedom panels on the top. This keeps them out of the way. When I am not using it I can use it to store other items up and out of the way. Check out the link below which is a search on google. (Racor Jeep Hardtop Hoist)

https://www.google.com/search?q=low...Q_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=racor+jeep+hardtop+hoist

I think it was about $140.00 or so from Lowes. I know Amazon also has them.

Yeah if it weren't for the future investment in a soft top, this would be my method of choice. This is definitely the safest and most convenient, but since we are also saving for a soft top, I'm trying to keep my cost as minimal as possible :)

Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport picture diary

Before leaving the office(firehouse) I decided to pull of the Freedom Panels.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457135526.305314.jpg

Top Bottom