WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Dude! Sorry I'm behind on this thread but the PR44 looks so nice. Stoked to see this thing get shoehorned under your rig!

WJCO congrats on the PR44 and control arms I'm sure you feel a world of difference with em and glad you and Matt are okay from that trail incident
Can't wait to see the PR44 underneath that WJ

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wired up the locker switch and verified that it works the solenoid. I will likely get the axle in first before running the air line at all.

I decided to just go ahead and run the locker line. I left it long on the end so that I can route it correctly once axle is installed. Drilled a hole in the back floor near the compressor, ran the line through a grommet and routed it tight. Capped off the end so dirt and crap doesn't get in there in the meantime.

1129161416.jpg

1129161434.jpg

1129161504.jpg

1129161503.jpg

Congrats on the front Dynatrac, looks really nice. What are you running on the rear? Also what locker did you go with on the dynatrac.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Welcome to Wayalife. Stock 44 on the rear but it's LSD. Went with the ARB for the front locker.

Ahh man, so many good stuff happening here all at once. Nice work on the ARB wiring...stealth like

Thanks. Looking forward to hooking it all up.

Damn that must have been one heck of a day. I also hope that the trans turns out fine especially after all you went through to get it to the tow truck.

Quick update on Matt's transmission line. He said he added fluid and the zip tie held. He drove it around a short distance and said transmission appears to be ok but didn't want to push it until he gets the line fixed the right way. He'll keep us updated once that is done.

I decided to just go ahead and run the locker line. I left it long on the end so that I can route it correctly once axle is installed. Drilled a hole in the back floor near the compressor, ran the line through a grommet and routed it tight. Capped off the end so dirt and crap doesn't get in there in the meantime.

View attachment 232606

View attachment 232607

View attachment 232609

View attachment 232608

Clean line run...nice job

Your WJ is really coming along nicely WJCO! It's really growing up! Any long-term plans on upgrading the rear D44?

Your WJ is really coming along nicely WJCO! It's really growing up! Any long-term plans on upgrading the rear D44?

Thanks. I don't think so. It already has JK gears in it, which are slightly larger than the OEM D44A WJ gears. I may add an ARB locker at some point, but that's it. I'm only running 33s on the thing. The main reason I re-did the front is because I wanted a locker and wanted to do it the right way. The amount of money involved in any axle swap for the WJ was comparable with Dynatrac pricing (without me doing the work myself) so I figured that really was the right thing to do. At this point, the rear axle is fine, the front wasn't, lol.

Nothing too exciting. Put the winch cover on for the season. Suppose to get a few inches of snow and really low temps, so I figured now was a good time to put it on.

1206160839.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom