WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Doug I got this!!!!

:brows:

We use a lot of a chemical called Mag Chloride, not as nasty as salt but still bad.
It really pits the underside.

Salt and volcanic cinders too.

:beer:

Looking good! Do they salt the roads up in your neck of the woods?

Doug I got this!!!!

:brows:

We use a lot of a chemical called Mag Chloride, not as nasty as salt but still bad.
It really pits the underside.

Salt and volcanic cinders too.

:beer:

Ah, thanks for the info. I suppose covering up your winch would be a good idea then. :yup:

Looking good! Do they salt the roads up in your neck of the woods?

Thanks. No salt, but they use some chemical, I think it's Magnesium Chloride, which still jacks things up. I always pressure wash everything as soon as I'm able after driving in a good storm just to be safe. Luckily, now that the wife has a 4wd vehicle and it's our daily driver, the WJ sees more driveway time. That's a good thing considering its age and mileage. If it's not on the driveway, it's on the trail, so it's a little more practical for my project as we don't have to depend on it as much or worry about it.

EDIT: Matt beat me to it, for the win.

Kills aluminum wheels. My Raceline beadlocks after one winter were just all pitted.
Still trying (poorly) to polish them and bring back the bling, but it is a lot of work.

:icon_crazy:

Ah, thanks for the info. I suppose covering up your winch would be a good idea then. :yup:

Kills aluminum wheels. My Raceline beadlocks after one winter were just all pitted.
Still trying (poorly) to polish them and bring back the bling, but it is a lot of work.

Thanks for the info. Good practical experience/info. Even more so now, I'll make sure and clean that stuff off the Jeeps after storms.

Well that sucks. Up in my neck of the woods, they spread sand and spray a brine solution prior to expected snowfall and so far, I've found it to be relatively benign. I say "relatively" being that NO salt would be best. but all my wheels still look great and the underside of my Jeeps still look good.

I am like you after the storm and the melt is away I head straight to a car wash to get that stuff off the Jeep.

Thanks for the info. Good practical experience/info. Even more so now, I'll make sure and clean that stuff off the Jeeps after storms.

Looks great:thumb:

Congrats and well done! [emoji106]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Oh man, that's nice. Glad to see you got it in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice! Looks great man. How was the install?

Edit saw the other thread.

Thank you.

Great job, how long did it take you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. About 9 hours. I had a helper for about 5 of it. Getting the old one out and new one in was only about 3 hours. The rest was little stuff like new brake lines, bleeding brakes, drilling holes for new hardware, locker line, shortening track bar etc. And I bet there was a good hour of "where did i put that damn wrench I just had?"

Nice! I was wondering when this was gonna happen! Why is it that we're both making changes going into winter? Need summer here again

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Thanks. Weather was great today but as I was test driving, snow was falling. The picture below was taken about an hour after the pictures above.

IMG_20161216_205223_907.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom