WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Oh no! I have transmission fluid and probably could've come met you guys to give it to him. Text me next time! Glad you made it off the trail safely though. Hope it's a cheap fix.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Thanks for the offer. We had no cell service. After we got the rig down off the trail, we had to take my Jeep about 5 miles to a small spot of cell coverage so he could call the tow truck.

Good reminder. We're all so used to our vehicles being virtually maintenance free that we sometimes don't think to carry that stuff, even on easy trails/trips.

Got some rear lower arms yesterday with Currie Johnny joints. I put some used OEM ones on about a year ago and they're already shot. These should last a long time I hope. Not an exact match to my steering linkage, but close enough.

IMG_20161126_075910_801.jpg

Got some rear lower arms yesterday with Currie Johnny joints. I put some used OEM ones on about a year ago and they're already shot. These should last a long time I hope. Not an exact match to my steering linkage, but close enough.

Whoa, did you get them power coated blue or did they come that way? Nice!

Oh, and I guess it's a good thing that Matt had you along for your recent run :crazyeyes:

Thanks for the offer.
Between Doug and I we had all fluids but transmission.
I am hoping we stopped in time so no damage occurred.
Other than that had fun out there.
:beer:

Oh no! I have transmission fluid and probably could've come met you guys to give it to him. Text me next time! Glad you made it off the trail safely though. Hope it's a cheap fix.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Thanks for the offer.
Between Doug and I we had all fluids but transmission.
I am hoping we stopped in time so no damage occurred.
Other than that had fun out there.
:beer:

I agree. Still a fun day. Even the kids are ready to go again. :beer:

Ha!!!

Whoa, did you get them power coated blue or did they come that way? Nice!

Oh, and I guess it's a good thing that Matt had you along for your recent run :crazyeyes:

My kids were psyched when I paid up on the bet this AM. ;)

(I made a bet with my son there would be no issues, well I was wrong :icon_crazy:)

I agree. Still a fun day. Even the kids are ready to go again. :beer:

Ha!!!

My kids were psyched when I paid up on the bet this AM. ;)

(I made a bet with my son there would be no issues, well I was wrong :icon_crazy:)

:cheesy: NEVER bet there won't be any issues especially with your wife or kids :crazyeyes:

Glad to hear you guys had a great time just the same.

Damn that must have been one heck of a day. I also hope that the trans turns out fine especially after all you went through to get it to the tow truck.

Great Build

Hi,

I just finished reading this build thread and am looking forward to your ProRock 44 install. I replaced the stock D30 on my 08 JKU with one a few years back and have never regretted doing the upgrade.

We don't see many built WJs around here and I admire your DIY skills -- especially the welding.

-meljr

This is going to be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hi,

I just finished reading this build thread and am looking forward to your ProRock 44 install. I replaced the stock D30 on my 08 JKU with one a few years back and have never regretted doing the upgrade.

We don't see many built WJs around here and I admire your DIY skills -- especially the welding.

-meljr

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the install as well.

Last edited:
I got the new arms on and went for a test drive. Talk about a tight rear end. Right up there with Janet Reno's. Loving these new arms. Wish I had done this a long time ago.

IMG_20161127_150259_474.jpg

IMG_20161127_150356_031.jpg

Also installed the front locker switch.

IMG_20161127_150514_173.jpg

Top Bottom