WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

That looks so much better! Nicely done. [emoji106]

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Hey, that looks pretty nice! Nothing wrong with the woodgrain but I think I like that better.

The blue really does look better!

Looks real good. Gives it an updated look

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks, guys.

Man that looks way better than that wood trim
like the new look and you can't even barely see the flaws

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Most of the flaws are on the very edges. Hard to see unless you're up close. The wrap has to actually wrap around the edges and on some of the pieces it's really hard to get that to happen. The pieces that I actually took off the Jeep to do came out perfect. But a couple that you leave on the car, it was really hard to get to the back of them, even with the special tool.

good to know

Cool story, bro.

Turned out great. Never done vinyl wrap like that. 👍

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Thanks. Lots of colors out there and it's pretty affordable stuff. I may start vinyl-wrapping all kinds of stuff.

BRUHHH i do like bro good job bro cool story good to know bro :thumb:

The new interior looks great!

Thanks.

Re-did the wood interior with vinyl wrap today. I like the color. This stuff is pretty tricky but you develop a system as you go. Up close, there are several flaws and at least 2 pieces that I'll re-do some day, but for now, I'm leaving it. I like it much more than the wood trim. Here's some before and after shots.

View attachment 231831

Nice. But why get rid of the wood trim. :idontknow:;)

It may have been said or done, but if you hit it with a blow dryer or low temp heat gun, you can get it to conform around edges a little easier. That said, can still be a tricky PITA.

Edit: looks like you just covered that.....LOL

Nice. But why get rid of the wood trim. :idontknow:;)

It may have been said or done, but if you hit it with a blow dryer or low temp heat gun, you can get it to conform around edges a little easier. That said, can still be a tricky PITA.

Edit: looks like you just covered that.....LOL

It was tricky. I really learned a lot after the first piece. Each piece got a little easier after that. :thumb:

Wrap job looks good. I peeled what was done on my other vehicle, and been meaning to redo it since the trim comes off easily...but I cant decide on what color lol. Sadly the trim underneath is perfect except for one spot where some dumbass thought they should sand the clear off.

Wrap job looks good. I peeled what was done on my other vehicle, and been meaning to redo it since the trim comes off easily...but I cant decide on what color lol. Sadly the trim underneath is perfect except for one spot where some dumbass thought they should sand the clear off.

Thanks. There are a TON of colors to pick from. Does the trim have any residue on it when you peel the old wrap off?

Thanks. There are a TON of colors to pick from. Does the trim have any residue on it when you peel the old wrap off?

Yeah I want to keep the interior kinda classy and not f*ckboy style which is hard with the Audi. I dont remember much residue other than maybe a little here and there. Not sure what brand the vinyl was either that the previous owner used other than it felt very cheap and it was done very badly on the back side where they wrapped it around the back.

Top Bottom