WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Your man card privileges have just been elevated to platinum status.

Lol. Truthfully this gun is probably overkill, however, I used to carry a 45, and it was always in the back of my mind, would a 45 really stop a moose or bear if needed. So I would rather have it and not need it. I have family in Alaska and they say just about everyone in the back country carries a 44magnum or 500magnum for moose and bear.

That cannon has to be a wrist breaker. Is that a 3" barrel?

4 inch barrel. Truthfully, for how heavy the gun is and how long the grip is, the recoil isn't bad. It's pretty balanced. You feel it, but it's less than expected. It also has a pretty badass compensator with it. The downside is that it's about 2 dollars per round, it doesn't get a lot of practice time.

hqdefault.jpg

All the fishing guides I fished with in Alaska we carrying.44 mags in chest holsters...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I carry mine in a pretty hefty custom leg holster. It carries the weight well and I can get to it no matter what backpack or jacket that I'm wearing.

I learned this past weekend that there's basically no Grizzlies in Colorado. I still like the idea of bringing a handgun but it's nowhere near what it's like in Alaska.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Yep, no grizzlies here. And black bears usually are only aggressive with cubs. A buddy of mine had one get into his ice chest at camp just a month or so ago. He came out of his tent, and he said the bear bolted off quick style. My parents live in the mountains and say the same thing, once the bears realize you're there, they take off.

Re-did the wood interior with vinyl wrap today. I like the color. This stuff is pretty tricky but you develop a system as you go. Up close, there are several flaws and at least 2 pieces that I'll re-do some day, but for now, I'm leaving it. I like it much more than the wood trim. Here's some before and after shots.

DSC04254.jpg

DSC04255.jpg

DSC04256.jpg

Top Bottom