WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Artec has some new mounts and brackets in,if i remember they include the wj, for your jk axle swap,includes lower link mounts and shock mounts

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile appIMG_1479012826.306116.jpg

Last edited:
Put 2 new cup holders on for the rear passengers.

IMG_20161113_202458_749.jpg

IMG_20161113_202436_679.jpg

Also installed a fire extinguisher. After seeing mcpuck's fire from a random mechanical failure, it's just not worth not having one. The neck came with a mount that I screwed into the floor. On the bottom end, I just put a large zip tie. It's tight enough to hold it in place , but can still be removed in about 1 second. I did a few trial runs. Whole thing is right in front of the driver's seat.

IMG_20161113_202539_067.jpg

IMG_20161113_202623_685.jpg

Nice! Have you ever considered taking the doors off sometime? It'd look awesome; cup holders hanging out for easy to reach hydration. Not sure it's possible for a WJ.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

I've thought about it. It's a little more involved and I don't really like the look. There is a company that makes tube doors, but I'm not so sure.

IMG_7183.jpg

Nice looking WJ - great build so far. Too bad someone doesn't make half doors, they might look better over the tube door look.

Thanks. I've looked at a lot of options, but just am not happy how doors off look on the WJ.

Thanks. I've looked at a lot of options, but just am not happy how doors off look on the WJ.

For such a good looking vehicle isn't it funny how bad those look without doors? :icon_crazy: IDK, Maybe its just that its so
unusual to see one that you automatically wonder what in the hell happened to the doors....

For such a good looking vehicle isn't it funny how bad those look without doors? :icon_crazy: IDK, Maybe its just that its so
unusual to see one that you automatically wonder what in the hell happened to the doors....

I agree. I would love to take the doors off for the open air feeling, but hate the look of it. Maybe if I busted out the back glass and put safari straps, it would look cooler.

This guy might be able to pull it off, lol. He's on 42s and chopped the back off completely.

100_1499.jpg

I agree. I would love to take the doors off for the open air feeling, but hate the look of it. Maybe if I busted out the back glass and put safari straps, it would look cooler.

This guy might be able to pull it off, lol. He's on 42s and chopped the back off completely.

View attachment 230838
Yet can't get his hood to fully close, ha.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Top Bottom