WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Hey, FCA, fuck you and your 300 dollar specialized balancer puller. Capitalism can still prosper with a simple person with an idea rather than raping the industry with a specific tool.

IMG_20180909_185334_950.jpg

0909181847.jpg

I went ahead and tore the old engine down. Still no conclusive visual cracks. I've got pistons out but crank is still in. I'll pull it in the next day or so and check the bottom of the cylinders. I did check the block for warpage and it had none. Just strange that 2 shops found hydrocarbons in the cooling system and when I picked it up from the 2nd shop (after they installed new head gaskets) , the engine was getting hot quicker than ever. The upper hose would pressurize right away, so there definitely is a breach somewhere. Machine shop found no cracks anywhere and they milled the heads while they had them. Sure is strange. I wont be at peace until I find this crack.

IMG_20180909_213521_685.jpg

IMG_20180909_213421_345.jpg

IMG_20180909_214731_853.jpg

Last edited:
I'd feel the same way. After replacing my exhaust manifolds on my Titan I had to see the crack. Only one was cracked but it definitely put my mind at ease. Making good progress. Can't wait to see it all put back together

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey, FCA, fuck you and your 300 dollar specialized balancer puller. Capitalism can still prosper with a simple person with an idea rather than raping the industry with a specific tool.

:clap2: Awesome :thumb:

I went ahead and tore the old engine down. Still no conclusive visual cracks. I've got pistons out but crank is still in. I'll pull it in the next day or so and check the bottom of the cylinders. I did check the block for warpage and it had none. Just strange that 2 shops found hydrocarbons in the cooling system and when I picked it up from the 2nd shop (after they installed new head gaskets) , the engine was getting hot quicker than ever. The upper hose would pressurize right away, so there definitely is a breach somewhere. Machine shop found no cracks anywhere and they milled the heads while they had them. Sure is strange. I wont be at peace until I find this crack.

Wow, still haven't found it? I'll be eager to see it once you do find it.

Well she's mostly back together and runs! Oil pressure seems low but no noises and it runs fine. WJs have issues with oil pressure senders so I hope that's it. I'll diag it soon. I hope to install the hood, grill, and winch tomorrow.

IMG_20180916_185743_820.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom