WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Right on Doug...glad your rig is back...I hear there are guys in CO looking for someone to wheel with...

Or at least one guy with multiple personalities...;)

Congrats on the swap. Having the garage space sure is nice. All my life I've always had one to work in so I don't know any other way.

Finally got her fully back together. Felt good to pull it out of the garage. Just need to bleed the cooling system and road test it, etc.

0917181817 (1).jpg

Nice. You will be able to pass this on to one of your kids someday. Kudos

Good idea. I may.

Right on Doug...glad your rig is back...I hear there are guys in CO looking for someone to wheel with...

Or at least one guy with multiple personalities...;)

Congrats on the swap. Having the garage space sure is nice. All my life I've always had one to work in so I don't know any other way.

Lol.

Congrats! That is awesome. Love this rig.

Sent from my VS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks.

So.....you trading for a JL?

The thought did cross my mind.

Looking good! I bet it feels great to have it up and running again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. Indeed it is.

Awesome! I’m glad you were able to save her. I hope she runs another 20 years!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Me too.

Good deal. I got a shipping notification and should get a pile of parts on Wednesday. We should be able to get a run set up before Halloween.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good to hear. Can't wait to see yours done.

Well, I found the crack. If it wasn't for a sliver of rust near one of the cylinder's fire ring areas, I probably would have overlooked it. The 2nd cylinder on the left bank is the only one that has the rust right next to the cylinder. And I can't clean it off with a razor. Upon closer inspection on the head of that same cylinder in the exact same spot, it is clear that coolant has been washing away the carbon. This combustion chamber visually has coolant washing away the carbon whereas the other seven cylinders form a perfect circle. Also, the intake valve on the culprit cylinder has crusty carbon and pitting and is very different looking compared to the other cylinders. So happy to have found this crack that has been plaguing me for the last year.

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

That's a tough one.

Glad you found it so you can sleep better knowing that you have found the problem.

It doesn't look like much, but I'm sure when it heats up the crack opens up.

Great to see your WJ back together and under its own power. It is a really sharp looking rig, and we need more pictures of it in it's native habitat.

Wow, that was quicker than I thought! Nice work finding the crack and getting the WJ back up and running 👍👍

Top Bottom