Who is going to KOH 2014?

My wife and I had a great time at KOH, here are a couple shots of our trip. More on the way.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391911975.760680.jpg
Thursday night
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391912005.760691.jpg
Friday morning
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391912059.095680.jpg
Drove to the top of a hill to get cell service, and get race updates!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391912164.264450.jpg
The view from the hill across Chocolate Thunder

Racers can help, doesn't mean they will.

Yup saw a few helpers out there. My favorite was a co-driver stacking for another car while that car's co-driver supervised. It felt like CAL trans.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Greg and race crew chief Kyle, smiling after a hard day of racing!

Moochie, thank you sir, all of the help that you provided as part of the race team was greatly appreciated. We honestly could not have managed all this without such an incredible group of folks volunteering their time to provide such awesome behind the scenes support. :thumb:

How did lil Mel do in the utv race? I never heard anything about that race

Lil Mel flipped his EVO1K Razor three times, doing about 60mph into turn that was just bit tighter than he expected. The rig landed on its wheels, was still running, but broke a an axle and lots of upper and lower radial arms. He was timed out and DNF'd, but actually made all the repairs to it to make it back to camp under its own power :rock: The kid did really great and never quit, he didn't even seem phased by the roll over.

Edit: OverlanderJK beat me to posting the status!

I think little Mel is going to be at the top in a few years running with the big dogs. He did a good job. Starting young and learning fast. Although you guys had a tough week, you guys did a great job and I hope to make it next year to cheer you on. It was fun watching

Edit: premature post lol

I had a great time with some great people. Here are some of the pics I took. Wish I had more from the pits but I was snapping shots with Lisa's camera.

View attachment 68114 TJ Start. View attachment 68125ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391922436.366672.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391922457.074713.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391922473.755945.jpg
View attachment 68118 Evo 1 Start.
View attachment 68119View attachment 68120View attachment 68121View attachment 68122Jackhammer
View attachment 68123 hill to Chocolate Thunder View attachment 68124 Dusty

Highs:
Seeing the race for a first time. Seeing the hard work done by everyone on the Evo team. Special mention to Drew, All Day Every Day. The teamwork and action in the pits. Watching the stuff that most of us would could never get up getting attacked at race speeds. Watching Mel spot the Teraflex buggy up when the co-pilot gave up even though they wouldn't give him a tug. Watching Evo 1 go from 150 or so up to 90 something in the first lap before stopping. Meeting GCM2 even if it was recovering the TJ at night. Catching up with Randy Byers. Watching Dynatrac work on an ORE customer rig right after the main race. Above and beyond. Post race dinner for Evo and Dynatrac. I cannot stress just how good of people this team is composed from Mel down to the lowest volunteer. Great job!
Lows:
Watching Dynatrac work on an ORE customer rig right after the main race. Yes this was in the highs (for outstanding service) but it is in the lows as well. Nobody in their right freaking mind should be talking to guys still in their race suits about how their rear locker isn't working right after the race. Get a fucking clue. I don't care if you spent $500 or $50,000 at ORE you do not bug the team right after the race, especially with a DNF, to look at your locker air line because it won't engage. I get asking if your jeep won't move, but even then ask an hour or two later. Not cause your locker won't engage. For future reference even if they offer to take a look say no and take it later. It's not always about you. Rant over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom