Who is going to KOH 2014?

I heard what had happened I wish I could of been there to help out the team let's hope for the better on the next race I'll try to make it to the next one

WOW - WHAT A WEEK!!!

I want to thank everyone who came out to support the Discount Tire / ORE race team and especially all of the volunteers! We could not have done any of this without all of you! While our results were not we had hoped, we are moving in the right direction as a team and we are looking forward to the rest of the 2014 season!!!

Great job out there drew and the whole team. 👍👏👏👏 While I couldn't make it out this week, I hope to come out and support at some point during the season!!

This is one of the toughest of the Aftershock obstacles to climb.
View attachment 68132

When we drove back through Aftershock on friday during the unlimited class race in EVO1, Mel and I were laughing our asses off because we had managed sections like this, and all of Chocolate Thunder, with no reverse gear in the TJ. Going back was literally not an option ;)

Thanks for the pics Moochie!

When we drove back through Aftershock on friday during the unlimited class race in EVO1, Mel and I were laughing our asses off because we had managed sections like this, and all of Chocolate Thunder, with no reverse gear in the TJ. Going back was literally not an option ;)

You guys actually made quick work of it too. Bad break getting high centered where you did.

That was epic in the TJ. I so wish there was video of it. I still can't imagine what you guys went through. I listened to the radio traffic and still can't believe how you managed that feat. You are definitely professional level in all respects.

That was epic in the TJ. I so wish there was video of it. I still can't imagine what you guys went through. I listened to the radio traffic and still can't believe how you managed that feat. You are definitely professional level in all respects.

There is probably KOH video of it as they had cameras at both obstacles. It's just whether KOH would release/share any of that footage. The choc thunder climb made the live webcast.

Do you see the line heading up to the top center of this photo? It's a dirt berm put there by the Marine Corps. If you cross it, you could end up in the brig. :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391972220.787233.jpg

There is probably KOH video of it as they had cameras at both obstacles. It's just whether KOH would release/share any of that footage. The choc thunder climb made the live webcast.

I think they will have us in their major video release that they sell, 'Heavy Metal Concept' productions (the big name in dirt sport films) had one of their cameras mounted on the TJ the entire race. Apparently we were on the Giant Big Screen TV in Hammertown the entire time we recovered on Chocolate Thunder (not really the way we wanted to get coverage :icon_crazy:) I was also a serious heat casualty during this section. I expended the majority of my energy on Aftershock running winch rope before making the attempt to run to remote pit two for a spare tire, I did not drink hardly any fluids that day. There was a point on Chocolate Thunder after I shed the top half of my fire suit where I laid back on a rock to catch my breath, and I started to go to the white light and knew I immediately need to get up and drink something. There was no way in hell I was passing out and getting medivac'd in front of a few thousand screaming lunatics! I am actually interested in seeing what it all looked liked from above the canyon where the spectators were sitting. Also, if you weren't there in the canyon watching, I will add that there was plenty of "professional level" advice being screamed in our general direction of how we needed to drive up and out of Chocolate Thunder. Apparently it looked pretty easy from the their seats ;) I think it got pretty real when some dude yelled at us to just "back down off the rock", I looked up at him like "really" and said "I think that was the plan until we lost reverse gear 80 miles ago" and it all got kind of quiet, and then people started cheering and yelling us on. It was all kind of surreal to be under that much pressure to either make it out to the top......or fail in a blaze of glory. We were gone to do one or the other but not quit.

^^^greg, that was sort of how it was being communicated via the feed. And it's correct you got a lot of screen time at choc thunder. They got you running from the bottom. I remember thinking, damn that was one of the cleanest runs to the top all day. Then you got stuck and the announcers couldn't figure out why. Your shouts must have made it back to the control room as they later announced the issues you were faced with. And lots of folks were cheering you on including the announcers as you guys busted out the hi lift (broken too) and started stacking boulders. When you laid down, they said that co-driver is exhausted. Lol. Glad you stayed away from the light👍

I wish I could've watched the EMC, sounds like it was quite epic! It was crazy to watch the hardcore co-drivers get out run around hooking up winches & helping other rigs. Too bad I missed out on Greg's wild adventure!

I think they will have us in their major video release that they sell, 'Heavy Metal Concept' productions (the big name in dirt sport films) had one of their cameras mounted on the TJ the entire race. Apparently we were on the Giant Big Screen TV in Hammertown the entire time we recovered on Chocolate Thunder (not really the way we wanted to get coverage :icon_crazy:) I was also a serious heat casualty during this section. I expended the majority of my energy on Aftershock running winch rope before making the attempt to run to remote pit two for a spare tire, I did not drink hardly any fluids that day. There was a point on Chocolate Thunder after I shed the top half of my fire suit where I laid back on a rock to catch my breath, and I started to go to the white light and knew I immediately need to get up and drink something. There was no way in hell I was passing out and getting medivac'd in front of a few thousand screaming lunatics! I am actually interested in seeing what it all looked liked from above the canyon where the spectators were sitting. Also, if you weren't there in the canyon watching, I will add that there was plenty of "professional level" advice being screamed in our general direction of how we needed to drive up and out of Chocolate Thunder. Apparently it looked pretty easy from the their seats ;) I think it got pretty real when some dude yelled at us to just "back down off the rock", I looked up at him like "really" and said "I think that was the plan until we lost reverse gear 80 miles ago" and it all got kind of quiet, and then people started cheering and yelling us on. It was all kind of surreal to be under that much pressure to either make it out to the top......or fail in a blaze of glory. We were gone to do one or the other but not quit.

Here's a shot from my iPhone

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391986352.181614.jpg

Top Bottom