Who is going to KOH 2014?

I did get him on video bypassing backdoor.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

what does this mean?

He is confused and or has trouble reading :doh:....... Greg posted this "(Finding new transmission builder soon)" and at no point even mentioned that anybody on the crew was being replaced.

I didn't say anyone was being replaced. Just there is an opening for a trans guy (or gal for PC) on the team which is what Greg commented and especially given word relayed from discount tire on the feed regarding a trans issue taking out EVO1.

- Jason

I did get him on video bypassing backdoor.

Hopefully you can post up. Missed the start dropping my kids off at school. Only vid on the feed was EVO in the pits. Was so bummed to get word from discount tire about the issues before remote pit 2. Many of us were following the live feed trying to catch a glimpse.

- Jason

All I know is, those drivers and those machines were AWESOME!! :clap2:
I watched most of the race online, and was absolutely blown away by the abuse the cars, and the drivers/navigators take!!
When they interviewed a couple of the racers in the pits early on, they already looked to be running on adrenaline!
And the "Backdoor"..WOW! so many ledges, and so many problems for every competitor! :crazyeyes:
Every one of the drivers was stopped at some point in that obstacle, and I think it got worse with the digging and spinning of tires as the day went on. That "hole" at the base of the first ledge kept getting deeper and deeper! The competitors that took the route to the Backdoor early in the day, seemed to be able to climb it with out hooking up as much. Later, and especially as it got dark, that thing was near impossible!!

All I know is, those drivers and those machines were AWESOME!! :clap2:
I watched most of the race online, and was absolutely blown away by the abuse the cars, and the drivers/navigators take!!
When they interviewed a couple of the racers in the pits early on, they already looked to be running on adrenaline!
And the "Backdoor"..WOW! so many ledges, and so many problems for every competitor! :crazyeyes:
Every one of the drivers was stopped at some point in that obstacle, and I think it got worse with the digging and spinning of tires as the day went on. That "hole" at the base of the first ledge kept getting deeper and deeper! The competitors that took the route to the Backdoor early in the day, seemed to be able to climb it with out hooking up as much. Later, and especially as it got dark, that thing was near impossible!!

I was there supporting ORE and watching the race last year. It really is awesome to see and hear these rigs. Nearly every obstacle becomes a real scene with all sorts of action like what you saw on back door. The cool thing about watching online, was being able to go back and forth between obstacles as the racers get more spread out. There was some great skills being used.

And I agree, the drivers being interviewed early were saying the coarse was really intense this year. They looked beat after just the first lap. Hats off to all of them for sure.

- Jason

Hopefully you can post up. Missed the start dropping my kids off at school. Only vid on the feed was EVO in the pits. Was so bummed to get word from discount tire about the issues before remote pit 2. Many of us were following the live feed trying to catch a glimpse.

- Jason

I will. It will take some time. I took about 4hrs of video between racing and wheeling.

Both EVO rigs were running great both days. The TJ killed it for having no reverse for the race and did what most people wouldn't imagine doing. If they could foresee the issues that they would have had then it wouldn't be such a challenging race.

If TJ had a winch line and hi lift going up big Johnson there is no doubt in my mind they would have finished. And EVO1 drove back into the pits after fixing the trans enough. Greg and Mel also helped recover about a dozen rigs between the two days which you won't hear from other people. And they were one of the few if not only ones that had the same driver and codriver for both days.

I'll leave a few pics.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391877180.998432.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391877191.046567.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391877244.501046.jpg

I will. It will take some time. I took about 4hrs of video between racing and wheeling.

Throw in some wheeling vid too. 👍

Bummed I couldn't make it out. My mom got that bad cold going around and she was going to help with the kids Thurs/Fri. Maybe make it out again next year.

- Jason

Greg and Mel also helped recover about a dozen rigs between the two days which you won't hear from other people. And they were one of the few if not only ones that had the same driver and codriver for both days.

This does not surprise me one bit, great job Greg, Mel, Melvin and to the entire crew and support team! Watching this online has me hooked to get out there in person next year, what an awesome event.

Greg and Mel also helped recover about a dozen rigs between the two days which you won't hear from other people. And they were one of the few if not only ones that had the same driver and codriver for both days.

I'll leave a few pics.

View attachment 68009

View attachment 68010
View attachment 68011

Thanks for the pics and the update. Discount tire said EVO1 had to be towed, but glad it came back on it own power. That means a lot to the crew. I'm sure it was awesome working the pits.

Drew@ORE got a lot of camera time as he was busting ass in the main pit. 👍

Mel and Greg are hard core for sure. The announcers were giving them both props on the live feed for all the hard work they had to do to get TJ out of choc thunder.

- Jason

He is confused and or has trouble reading :doh:....... Greg posted this "(Finding new transmission builder soon)" and at no point even mentioned that anybody on the crew was being replaced.

Haha! Correct no one on the crew is to blame for the transmission troubles. The outside shop/builder of the TJ's trans just did not set it up correctly. We did manage to cover 91 miles out of a 143 mile race with NO REVERSE, made it up Chocolate Thunder with NO WINCHLINE, using a BROKEN HILIFT JACK, stacking rocks. I feel pretty good about our effort on Thursday (and Friday in EVO1) ;) it was a great time out there :rock:

Haha! Correct no one on the crew is to blame for the transmission troubles. The outside shop/builder of the TJ's trans just did not set it up correctly. We did manage to cover 91 miles out of a 143 mile race with NO REVERSE, made it up Chocolate Thunder with NO WINCHLINE, using a BROKEN HILIFT JACK, stacking rocks. I feel pretty good about our effort on Thursday (and Friday in EVO1) ;) it was a great time out there :rock:

You guys killed it! :rock: I was really surprised I did not use up all the bandwidth on Okinawa tracking and watching you guys! So question, did you get shorter or did Mel raise the roof in EVOTJ........:cheesy:

I have the video of you moving the TJ on chocolate thunder but it won't load on the app. I'll have to upload them on the computer.

You guys killed it! :rock: I was really surprised I did not use up all the bandwidth on Okinawa tracking and watching you guys! So question, did you get shorter or did Mel raise the roof in EVOTJ........:cheesy:

Thanks brother! As for the seats, the rear crossbar for the shoulder harnesses was extended further back so the seats could recline ;) Too easy!

Your the man!! It was a pleasure once again.

I'm excited for the next race!

You and Mel kicked some ass on Thursday. Watching you both work relentlessly to get un-highcentered the old fashioned way was amazing.

Just curious. If racers can help racers, why couldn't someone give you a little tug? I heard of other racers doing it that day. Adam said you guys helped out a lot of other racers out there. Why not a tug in that spot for EVOTJ?

- Jason

You and Mel kicked some ass on Thursday. Watching you both work relentlessly to get un-highcentered the old fashioned way was amazing.

Just curious. If racers can help racers, why couldn't someone give you a little tug? I heard of other racers doing it that day. Adam said you guys helped out a lot of other racers out there. Why not a tug in that spot for EVOTJ?

- Jason

Racers can help, doesn't mean they will.

Top Bottom