WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

Today I get my quote on ac unit replacement. I'm angry, sick and tired of Murphy showing up and f*cking with me this year.
Old unit is 2 ton and probably going with a 5 ton to make sure it doesn't over work and the addition gets cooled and getting vents installed too.
I guess I should be thanking GOD I have the money to do the work and the luxury to own a jeep.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(
With a heavy heart(really), I must step aside and not continue with the trip of a lifetime. I'm truly sorry for doing this and letting you guys down. I'm also sorry for taking someone's spot. If there's anyway I could make up for this, please advise.

sent while sitting on the crapper

Today I get my quote on ac unit replacement. I'm angry, sick and tired of Murphy showing up and f*cking with me this year.
Old unit is 2 ton and probably going with a 5 ton to make sure it doesn't over work and the addition gets cooled and getting vents installed too.
I guess I should be thanking GOD I have the money to do the work and the luxury to own a jeep.

With a heavy heart(really), I must step aside and not continue with the trip of a lifetime. I'm truly sorry for doing this and letting you guys down. I'm also sorry for taking someone's spot. If there's anyway I could make up for this, please advise.

Sorry to hear that, Good luck on that and hope you can make it on a future run.

Sorry to hear about this. This happened to me also several years ago.

Here is something my AC contractor told me when I upgraded. I was only able to upgrade to a 4-ton from my 2-ton, because my ducting wasn't large enough to support a 5-ton. I'm not an A/C guy, but that made sense to me that my ducting needed to be a larger diameter throughout the house to use a larger unit. Just advice to check, as you don't want to install something that ends up being larger than your ducting can support.

I thank God with you, He has a plan.
So sorry we won't get to meet you and your Jeep.
Here's to another day and another trail!

BTW - I don't think there was anyone else on the waiting list anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good to know! Maybe these funklers are shafting me for a larger unit. The 2 ton unit is toast and I've thrown several bills at it the last few years. Maybe a 4 ton will do the job. Thanks again!

Good to know! Maybe these funklers are shafting me for a larger unit. The 2 ton unit is toast and I've thrown several bills at it the last few years. Maybe a 4 ton will do the job. Thanks again!

sorry to hear about your ac unit breaking. I am an air conditioning contractor. I would not suggest up sizing from a 2 to a 4 ton. your original system was sized for your original square footage and heat load. As JKJURNY stated in an earlier post, your ductwork will not support the larger system. Everything has to be sized correctly in order for it to work properly (ductwork, electrical, refrigerant lines ect). Even if you redid all of your ductwork for a new 4 ton and the house has the original square footage it will short cycle the unit and not cool the house down properly. My advice would be to buy the highest efficiency 2 ton unit you can afford. A good rule of thumb for residential is 400 square feet per ton. PM me if you have questions. I will happy to answer.

PSA- Don't forget to fluff before the trip! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402373904.147905.jpg

Now if I need them, hopefully they'll work!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Got a pair of fluffers going to the Rubicon I see. What kind of trip is this???

I was referring to "fluffing" aka beating the crap out of your fire extinguisher to loosen the powder from the bottom so it actually works. Offroad vibration causes the powder to settle to the bottom faster and render it useless.

This trip will be awesome- but you never know when disaster will strike, so it's best to be ready for anything!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Well Jags is going, but since Sharkey backed out I can't for the life of me figure out who the second one is? :thinking:

:cheesy:

:cheesy: Not sure I can go either. Guess you'll have to handle ur own business. ;)

Top Bottom