WAYALIFE Rockin Rubicon Run 2014 : June 15th - 17th

Started to gather up some things. Man, looks like a lot when it's not spread around so the wife doesn't see everything you bought all at once. Lol.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1402530336.428697.jpg

- Jason

Question for those who've been. Is there potable water and/or water to use for washing up pot and pans where we'll be camping?

I know I need to bring plenty of drinking water.

- Jason

Question for those who've been. Is there potable water and/or water to use for washing up pot and pans where we'll be camping?

I know I need to bring plenty of drinking water.

- Jason

Nope. Pack it in. :yup:

Just bring a stick of salami some cheese and beer. :thumb:

No joke. I already got that along with some PBJ. 👍 Still on the fence about bringing all the cooking gear and food to cook just for me. Foods already bought.

- Jason

Well as luck would have it, a career advancement opportunity has come up as of yesterday. This will require studying and preparation for a panel. Needless to say, as excited as I am about this opportunity, it means I have to cancel my trip. Sorry fellas hopefully I can head up in a few months....
:bang head:
View attachment 87245

Too bad about the Rubicon, but congrats on this opportunity! All about creating a better life for the family :clap2:

You could just go camp hopping for handouts, lol.

Might happen. Ha ha. I'm trading some taillights with Overlander for a couple tacos. Brought chips and salsa too. Need a handout cooktop as I have plenty to share for chicken quesadillas. Lol.

- Jason

Might happen. Ha ha. I'm trading some taillights with Overlander for a couple tacos. Brought chips and salsa too. Need a handout cooktop as I have plenty to share for chicken quesadillas. Lol.

- Jason

I'll have a camp stove you're welcome to use.

Thanks. I either need to not cook or bring more water. Lol.

- Jason

There are a few places on the trail to fill up with water from streams and such. You would definitely want to properly treat, boil, or filter the water though. Honestly, you are better off just bringing some.

I waaaay overpacked my kitchen last year and I ended up snacking more than having big meals. If I was going this year I would have cut my gear in half.

One big mistake I made last year was not to bring any ice. I made a fresh batch of brewed Jeep tea to enjoy at the springs on the layover day and then realized I had no ice to pour the tea and honey over. Rookie move for sure.

- Jason

You're bringing stuff for Adam as well? I've got this 25 lb box of some kind of special stuff from Lee for him.
Hope there'll be an adult with him to sign for it. :cheesy:

I'm too lazy to go back and look through this crazy long thread, but I received some PMs a while back and thought I saw a couple people looking for a room to split. I have a 2bed room to split or can cancel it and split yours...PM me ASAP figure out the details.

Another bump of this for the night crowd! Anyone want to split my room or have a double room they have an opening in and wanna save some cash?

Another bump of this for the night crowd! Anyone want to split my room or have a double room they have an opening in and wanna save some cash?

I think Overlander, JAGS and MTG are sharing one queen size bed. You might be able to join them, but I doubt any of them will voluntarily leave for a different room.

;)

Top Bottom