The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So due to 6 speed and being caged I could not find a solution that I liked for my locker's, rock lights, compressor switch. So tore the dash apart and looked around. Ordered switches, and cutting up the center panel under the climate control to install them this weekend. Stay tuned for pics. :D

So due to 6 speed and being caged I could not find a solution that I liked for my locker's, rock lights, compressor switch. So tore the dash apart and looked around. Ordered switches, and cutting up the center panel under the climate control to install them this weekend. Stay tuned for pics. :D

I have often thought about ripping that part out and making a fiberglass piece that would take its place but sit lower and farther back and resemble factory. I will stay tuned for pics!:rock:

Which panel are you going with? I really like the Offroad Engineering setup that Moby has over the sPod since it is so thin and good looking. I suck with electronic stuff, so a kit like that is how I'd go since it is much easier to wire...

I have often thought about ripping that part out and making a fiberglass piece that would take its place but sit lower and farther back and resemble factory. I will stay tuned for pics!:rock:

The buttons under the climate control that has the hazard lights in it will be gone. :brows: Just cutting the opening bigger for the rocker switches.

Which panel are you going with? I really like the Offroad Engineering setup that Moby has over the sPod since it is so thin and good looking. I suck with electronic stuff, so a kit like that is how I'd go since it is much easier to wire...

I'm not afraid of wiring. I have done controls for the last 15 years. :icon_crazy:

The buttons under the climate control that has the hazard lights in it will be gone. :brows: Just cutting the opening bigger for the rocker switches.

Ah those buttons. I was thinking you meant the area where that lower dash panel switch setup goes.

I saw online once where a guy used that stock switch panel and added a push button to each of the 'switches' that aren't used from the factory. Looked awesome and was functional.

Ah those buttons. I was thinking you meant the area where that lower dash panel switch setup goes.

I saw online once where a guy used that stock switch panel and added a push button to each of the 'switches' that aren't used from the factory. Looked awesome and was functional.

Yea, I thought about doing that. but..... I think I'll like this look better. I can't put anything lower due to the shifter. :icon_crazy:

I feel your pain. I've got 4 panel plugs covering holes in the dash I've used for switches, built a stock stereo mount for them and bought the tuffy overhead box to move out the stereo. Then when I put the cage in I built a box for the switches swapped everything back. There really isn't much room in the cab.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1364408780.306393.jpg

Hey guys, new to the forum from San Antonio. Just been lurking and admiring everyones' Jeeps.

Notajerryskid, have you considered this switch panel? http://www.wiredhdh.com/switchpanels

It's expensive but it looks much cleaner than the sPods, to me and it's programable.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Jason

Hey guys, new to the forum from San Antonio. Just been lurking and admiring everyones' Jeeps.

Notajerryskid, have you considered this switch panel? http://www.wiredhdh.com/switchpanels

It's expensive but it looks much cleaner than the sPods, to me and it's programable.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Jason

That's nice!!! I would love something like that. however its hard for me to justify 400+ dollars for something like that. :grayno: I'm stuck with arb switches and cutting up the dash.

Thank you though. If I had the money to buy something, That would be my first choice after looking into it. :thumb:

Honestly I can't say personally. It's just on my build/wish list. I think they do speak to the durability on their website......

http://www.wiredhdh.com/switchpanels#!__switchpanels/durability

Seems pretty awesome to me; water/mud/chemical resistant and UV protected, 1 million button presses, etc....

I want it and I don't even have anything to hook to it yet LOL

Its amazing what they can do with technology now. :rock:

BTW..... Welcome to the forums!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom