The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread, just read all 29 pages! ..at work.. LOL

looking forward to hearing how the D-30 holds up for a year mounted to those 37's.

Great thread, just read all 29 pages! ..at work.. LOL

looking forward to hearing how the D-30 holds up for a year mounted to those 37's.

Thanks!

I don't think it will. :) wife has given the green light to get 60's, but buying a house right now. I'll have the axels under him within a year. Faster if I bend and break!!! :D
If need to I can replace just the front axle, but wanting to change lug pattern for the 40's. Would like to do both at the same time.

Thanks!

I don't think it will. :) wife has given the green light to get 60's, but buying a house right now. I'll have the axels under him within a year. Faster if I bend and break!!! :D
If need to I can replace just the front axle, but wanting to change lug pattern for the 40's. Would like to do both at the same time.

If you let Trail Bud take it out I'm sure he could break it for you.:cheesy:

Oh trust me. I can get the job done! Just need to keep some cash for the house if need be. But when I'm ready to do the swap, we may take it out and video us abusing the 30 like a red headed step child. :)

I was looking for some work to come do so I could come give you a hand (read: sit there and watch and learn), but don't think I have anything before the end of the year. :(

I was looking for some work to come do so I could come give you a hand (read: sit there and watch and learn), but don't think I have anything before the end of the year. :(

Mike you know your going to need yours done some time. :thumb: They charge a big but load of labor for gears also.

Notajerryskid said:
Mike you know your going to need yours done some time. :thumb: They charge a big but load of labor for gears also.

Thinking of doing my gears now. Although I don't have any issues with the 4:10s and 37s around town and on flat ground, pushing them from 5000 to 6600 feet in elevation everyday on the way home causes my jeep to work too hard IMHO. I was thinking about having ORE do it for their $999 special. :idontknow:

So was doing some :driving: yesterday. went over a rough spot on the road, :Wide Eyed and Scare THE DEATH WOBBLE.....:furious3:. on the drive home it would shake. :doh: I just went over everything a couple weeks ago. :thinking: found nothing. :mad: so had to :chatterbox: from the wife about how I broke the Kraken. I told her how wrong she was... WRONG thing to say to wife. :stick hiting: So I explained that sometimes ball joints just go, hoping she would understand :daydream:. She did. :rock: So now I get to change out parts. :wings:
I tried to tell her that new ball joints come with a Dana 60!! :2thumbsup: she said :nono: and I went. :banghead:

Thank you for listening. :thankyou:

Gears, ball joints, this weekend. :celebrate:

So was doing some :driving: yesterday. went over a rough spot on the road, :Wide Eyed and Scare THE DEATH WOBBLE.....:furious3:. on the drive home it would shake. :doh: I just went over everything a couple weeks ago. :thinking: found nothing. :mad: so had to :chatterbox: from the wife about how I broke the Kraken. I told her how wrong she was... WRONG thing to say to wife. :stick hiting: So I explained that sometimes ball joints just go, hoping she would understand :daydream:. She did. :rock: So now I get to change out parts. :wings:
I tried to tell her that new ball joints come with a Dana 60!! :2thumbsup: she said :nono: and I went. :banghead:

This has to be one of the best posts ever... :twocents: :2thumbsup:

THAT IS FUNNY!! I also have to say that is the best that I have read :thumb::clap2:

This post is what happens when I have to much time on my hands. :thinking:

Thanks everyone. :beer:

Got all the parts minus the tie rod bar. Thinking of getting the rock krawler one. IT looks BEEFY :2thumbsup: Now to convince the Wife. :ahhhhh:

This post is what happens when I have to much time on my hands. :thinking:

Thanks everyone. :beer:

Got all the parts minus the tie rod bar. Thinking of getting the rock krawler one. IT looks BEEFY :2thumbsup: Now to convince the Wife. :ahhhhh:

I have the RK tie rod. You will also need two rod ends from Jeep ($60-$70 each) and the special RK bracket that connects the SS shock to the tie rod because it has a larger diameter ($95). I will be putting it back on this rig (I stripped it off the last one before trade in) but if I had to do it again I'd look into the Currie one... It's more expensive, but includes the ends and I don't think it requires a special bracket, just the stock one... So it comes out to about the same price...

THANKS!!! I appreciate the input!!

Yup! Just my $0.02. I like my setup, my jeep was just out of commission for about a week after I pulled the stock tie rod and stock SS shock because jeep changed their stock bracket. The Project JK website shows the old style flat bracket which worked with the larger RK tie rod. The newer style bracket is more 'U' shaped though and won't fit around the RKs larger diameter. So I was part way through install when I realized that, and had the wobble without the SS shock. So I had to hurry up and buy the RK bracket and have it express shipped. It's a good setup and a beefy tie rod, just make sure you have all your ducks in a row before starting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom