The Evolution of ENVY Build

The metal looks thin. Not sure how well they will stay in place. Could work, hard to judge by the picture.

I ran them for a while and they were good, I just broke them all. Lol and the 24 gauge wire they come with sucks to wire so I just upgraded to some higher end ones. They work well though.

The lux are bad ass! That's a wheelers rock light right there. If I find myself doing night runs, I'll probably upgrade. Price was steep considering I hardly wheel, let alone at night.

Mostly doing to look cool. Lol.

The metal is on the thin side, your right. I may clean up the edges and give it a shot. I think it should work so long as placement is ok and I coat to limit any rust. If the whole thing ends up fucked up, I'll rip everything out and start over. Put in less than $25 total and that will include wire.

You'll probably want to make a lot of the brackets into L or Z shape for mounting. If you have a hard time bending the material try using a crack in your driveway or walkway that's what we did to create the L brackets on mine. If you want to meet up somewhere I'll throw the lightbar and grinder in my car. Let me know.

You'll probably want to make a lot of the brackets into L or Z shape for mounting. If you have a hard time bending the material try using a crack in your driveway or walkway that's what we did to create the L brackets on mine. If you want to meet up somewhere I'll throw the lightbar and grinder in my car. Let me know.

I can bend them using a couple pliers. I'll shoot you a text and see where you're traveling about. [emoji106]

Started making some rock light brackets. Not sure I'll need/use the brackets, but just getting some options ready.

View attachment 195217

I gotta slow down though, wouldn't want to ruin my webwrencher status. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

It sounds janky, but I've actually mounted mine with zip ties and they've been holding up for the better part of two years. In the rear, they are mounted on the frame side control arm bracket and then inside the frame at the exhaust hangars that I am no longer using because I switched to the dynomax pre-axle dump. I need to re-mount my front ones since I cut off the ends of my bumper and cut out half of my inner fender liner.

Got my switch pros mounted up today at ORE and also added some A pillars. All is working. The rest of the lights I'll add, as necessary and able, and hopefully with a little guidance. [emoji6]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459555410.768868.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459555431.493173.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459555460.724490.jpg

That looks awesome! I like that panel a lot more than others. On my to do list for sure. Do you have rock lights as well?

Thanks!!

very light solution has good and bad aspects, this is no different. But now that it is installed, I like a lot of the cool features it offers. Still need to play with the app and programming.

Want to install several other light set ups at some point. Rock, engine compartment, reverse/camp lights, rear dust lights and maybe a small light bar up by the winch.

Is this the same process and paint that you used under your sliders?

The pinch seam? Different paint, but pretty much same process. I try to hit everything with primer first. It sticks to paint and metal a bit better. I've used rustolium professional enamel paint for a lot of stuff. They have in flat and it drys super strong. Curing time is like 36-48 hrs to become hard though.

Now I just sort of touch up with whatever. I do really like the finish of the VHT. Not flat, but more like a semi flat. Curing time was like 24 hrs.

The pinch seam? Different paint, but pretty much same process. I try to hit everything with primer first. It sticks to paint and metal a bit better. I've used rustolium professional enamel paint for a lot of stuff. They have in flat and it drys super strong. Curing time is like 36-48 hrs to become hard though.

Now I just sort of touch up with whatever. I do really like the finish of the VHT. Not flat, but more like a semi flat. Curing time was like 24 hrs.

Thank you!

The metal looks thin. Not sure how well they will stay in place. Could work, hard to judge by the picture.

I ran them for a while and they were good, I just broke them all. Lol and the 24 gauge wire they come with sucks to wire so I just upgraded to some higher end ones. They work well though.

It sounds janky, but I've actually mounted mine with zip ties and they've been holding up for the better part of two years. In the rear, they are mounted on the frame side control arm bracket and then inside the frame at the exhaust hangars that I am no longer using because I switched to the dynomax pre-axle dump. I need to re-mount my front ones since I cut off the ends of my bumper and cut out half of my inner fender liner.

Either of you have pics of light location you used with these?

Top Bottom