The Evolution of ENVY Build

And last little update for the day. Re-installed my external CB speaker. Used the bar as a brace and then tucked the wire along the windsheild to the passenger side and down behind the dash and under to the center by the shifter. Hidden nicely yet easily accessible when I used my portable midland 75. [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458529746.918071.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458529759.189801.jpg

I also have a mount set up on order that I think will work well for the CB and should get that next week.

Continuing with the mods and maintenance. My new, new synth winch line shipped yesterday and should be showing up next week. I was able to get a great deal on a MasterPull Superline. [emoji106]

Today I used my lunch to take ENVY over to America's tire for balance and rotation. At 35k I'm down 50% of tread life. Not too bad.

I also asked about some weird lines on my nittos. Hinrichs and I I were talking about in another thread.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458856296.489053.jpg

A.T. said that is normal with different tire compounds and even had some diagram/score card deal they use. Said I could also ask Nitto directly, but that it shouldn't cause concern.

So after talking most of the winter off from wheeling, ENVY is almost back in trail shape and with a few new mods as well.[emoji2]

Last edited:
Continuing with the mods and maintenance. My new, new synth winch line shipped yesterday and should be showing up next week. I was able to get a great deal on a MasterPull Superline. [emoji106]

Today I used my lunch to take ENVY over to America's tire for balance and rotation. At 35k I'm down 50% of tread life. Not too bad.

I also asked about some weird lines on my nittos. Hinrichs and I I were talking about in another thread.

View attachment 194538

A.T. said that is normal with different tire compounds and even had some diagram/score card deal they use. Said I could also ask Nitto directly, but that it shouldn't cause concern.

So after talking most of the winter off from wheeling, ENVY is almost back in trail shape and with a few new mods as well.[emoji2]

Looks like the weathered hand of a 40 year old.

Where/when you going wheeling?

Looks like the weathered hand of a 40 year old.

Where/when you going wheeling?

LOL. Hinrichs looked the same and we thought it seemed odd. Your nitto's different/same?

Most of my wheeling is by way of the 71/91 or 57/210 fwys. Some obstacles are taken for things like walmart, sams club, costco, and color me mine:blush:

LOL. Hinrichs looked the same and we thought it seemed odd. Your nitto's different/same?

Most of my wheeling is by way of the 71/91 or 57/210 fwys. Some obstacles are taken for things like walmart, sams club, costco, and color me mine:blush:

Odd? Is this the first set of tires you've owned? :thinking:

View attachment 194538

Mine look the same.

What.. Color me mine? So cute. [emoji2]

Originally went with a Viking line. Apparently they have an entry level line. I thought I was getting something else, so I returned that Viking line and reevaluated my options.

Went back to looking Viking "mid level" and at masterpull again. MasterPull has classic, superline and superline XD. The XD is more than a winch and more than I need. The classic is comparable to to Viking's mid-level. The superline has some cool extra aspects.

After calling MasterPull, I was able to get an awesome deal on a 100' superline. Darn near wholesale and it brought the price less than Viking.

It finally came in today. [emoji106][emoji41]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459222264.638724.jpg

Started making some rock light brackets. Not sure I'll need/use the brackets, but just getting some options ready.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459304439.299825.jpg

I gotta slow down though, wouldn't want to ruin my webwrencher status. [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

What is that, 18 gauge? Probably won't hold up. You can have my old brackets I used with those lights. I made it out of 3/8's.

If not at least round the corners with a grinder. That shit will cut you up.

What is that, 18 gauge? Probably won't hold up. You can have my old brackets I used with those lights. I made it out of 3/8's.

If not at least round the corners with a grinder. That shit will cut you up.

The brackets won't hold up? Or the lights? Both?? Lol

They are construction straps. Not sure exactly. Plan on painting and maybe even plasti dip to keep from elements. Do plan on rounding corners for sure. [emoji106]

Didn't know you ran these. Did you not like them?

The brackets won't hold up? Or the lights? Both?? Lol

They are construction straps. Not sure exactly. Plan on painting and maybe even plasti dip to keep from elements. Do plan on rounding corners for sure. [emoji106]

Didn't know you ran these. Did you not like them?

The metal looks thin. Not sure how well they will stay in place. Could work, hard to judge by the picture.

I ran them for a while and they were good, I just broke them all. Lol and the 24 gauge wire they come with sucks to wire so I just upgraded to some higher end ones. They work well though.

Top Bottom