The Evolution of ENVY Build

Just dropped the cage off at powder coating. Great price and an acceptable turnaround of 5 days. Less $$$ than others have noted and includes blasting and two color coats.

These guys also did my sliders. For those in the IE, definitely check out PSC powdercoat in chino. [emoji106]

Second attempt to get my e disco working again today. Last time I was able open up the connection, clean it up and put things back together. Worked for about half the next wheeling trip. [emoji17]

No such luck as it's still not working.

So I'll be doing a motor/plunger swap soon. Ran out of time today.

What the hell is this called and how do I use it???

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456704184.539699.jpg

Hoping a little swappy, swap works.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456704221.691086.jpg

If I don't post again for several hours, someone call 911, I hurt myself doing this wrenching shit. [emoji16]

If it doesn't work, I would just buy a no limits....

I have one as backup just in case. [emoji106] Got the swap for less than no limits, so worth a shot for the lazy button. Will find out if the issue is the motor or the wiring in a bit.

Well, after several checks and balances, it appears a simple motor swap is not fixing the issue.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456709684.241070.jpg

This happened to someone else and the issue was not the motor but the bar mechanism itself. In which case a no limits wouldn't fix. Could also just be a bad wiring harness I suppose?? I get two sway bar light flashes, than no light. No motor noise and no rotation of the bar (tried by removing one link).

Have one or two more ideas to possibly try. But I have family to get to, so will need to come back to this or let some experts/more experienced eyes take a look.

Great build, thank you for posting! Loved your note on in the dirt with 500 miles and the kid's interest - that's totally me.

I have a stock '15 JKUR (newbie here) and want to go with your lift, shocks, wheels, and tires. Still happy with them all?

Wish I was in SoCal so I could use your great shop. Seems like San Jose has a good one with Arabia... Any Wayalifers know them? Or S.W.A.T. In Fremont. (Forgive me, if I should post this elsewhere please let me know/delete)

Love your build, JAGS. Your JKUR is one of the reasons I went Billet Silver! Awesome JKUR!

Great build, thank you for posting! Loved your note on in the dirt with 500 miles and the kid's interest - that's totally me.

I have a stock '15 JKUR (newbie here) and want to go with your lift, shocks, wheels, and tires. Still happy with them all?

Wish I was in SoCal so I could use your great shop. Seems like San Jose has a good one with Arabia... Any Wayalifers know them? Or S.W.A.T. In Fremont. (Forgive me, if I should post this elsewhere please let me know/delete)

Thank you. I'm still real happy with everything. Sure, if the pockets were deeper, and the Jeep wasn't my only vehicle, maybe I'd go a little more extreme.

But it has provided with everything I can handle. [emoji106] still having a blast and clearly still learning.

Well, after several checks and balances, it appears a simple motor swap is not fixing the issue.

View attachment 190588

This happened to someone else and the issue was not the motor but the bar mechanism itself. In which case a no limits wouldn't fix. Could also just be a bad wiring harness I suppose?? I get two sway bar light flashes, than no light. No motor noise and no rotation of the bar (tried by removing one link).

Have one or two more ideas to possibly try. But I have family to get to, so will need to come back to this or let some experts/more experienced eyes take a look.

You should be able to take it apart and see if what you're assuming is true. I would think that a no limits would still work.

You should be able to take it apart and see if what you're assuming is true. I would think that a no limits would still work.

I was talking with drew this week and he's pretty confident the no limits will work.

Well, actually, he said "quite dickn around with that already and just put on the no limits."

Lol.

I was talking with drew this week and he's pretty confident the no limits will work.

Well, actually, he said "quite dickn around with that already and just put on the no limits."

Lol.

LOL!! That's about what I'm telling you to do too ;)

After damn near screwing up, getting ready for the weekend. Got myself a new tap. Word to others. Go out and get a 3/8 - 16 tap as one is NOT included in the kit (at least not mine).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457677161.433287.jpg

May or may not have also gotten an extra bolt that may or may not have been stripped. Allegedly. Lol.

After damn near screwing up, getting ready for the weekend. Got myself a new tap. Word to others. Go out and get a 3/8 - 16 tap as one is NOT included in the kit (at least not mine).

View attachment 192255

May or may not have also gotten an extra bolt that may or may not have been stripped. Allegedly. Lol.

This is the tap that Frank told you to get to chase the threads after powdercoat?

Maybe it's best you don't work on your jeep. Lol

This is the tap that Frank told you to get to chase the threads after powdercoat?

Maybe it's best you don't work on your jeep. Lol

Nobody said what kind. It's the same as the one in the kit just for the larger size.

I've said that all along.

Sweet Jason now you can "fix" that top hole and get those A pillars bolted in!

Yes sir. Cleaned up the one I messed up and several pieces last night. Will do the center sections bars tonight. Sunday, should have it done. [emoji16][emoji85]

Adam is I right, I should not be doing this...at least not unsupervised. Used my "phone a friend" to help make sure I don't screw anything else up. Lol.

Good friends Heyitsray and Trail JK came over to hang out and help me not mess up the final cage install. I wouldn't call the cage an "easy" install. It's a lot easier with a few extra hands though.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457932960.714742.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933006.934572.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933023.842763.jpg

Amy and Rachel having some fun with my phone. [emoji41]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933109.686103.jpg

Ray jumping in to also help get my winch installed. [emoji106]

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933158.877558.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933250.757912.jpg

Hit a little snag as I forgot to cut the hole in the roll bar fabric. Had a little work to take things apart a bit.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933665.466041.jpg

Not too long, we were bolted back up. Things came out great. It was a little dark when we finished, but here's a few picks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933541.822494.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933560.746489.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933522.694964.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457933686.309672.jpg

Big thanks to Ray! And thanks Rachel for coming and hanging out with Amy and helping as well! You guys rock!

Top Bottom