The Evolution of ENVY Build

Pretty cool to have the 50k mark on the Cali or Bust trip!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434425964.775458.jpg

ENVY has been a blast to have and can't wait to continue the fun.

Here's the latest pics of me doing some maintenance on ENVY in prep for the Rubicon. Oil change, fluids topped, brake inspection, tire rotation, tire balance.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436311088.887494.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436311110.939444.jpg

LOL. What??? 😉 #webwrencher

More upgrades/mods needed for ENVY. Buying bulk at Costco ain't cheap. Heavy loads and speed bumps. 😬😬😂😂 Bent flange, which was then causing brake issues. Thanks to Eddie for helping to diagnose the issue via PMs.

Got new rear chromoly shafts and also picked up and extra spare set of brake lines. Revolution gears is now what Mel and Drew at ORE are installing. Made in the USA and lifetime warranty.

Drives great now and the brakes are back to working properly and quietly. 👍

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436412755.870427.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436412771.135850.jpg

Bent flange, which was then causing brake issues. Thanks to Eddie for helping to diagnose the issue via PMs.

Got new rear chromoly shafts and also picked up and extra spare set of brake lines. Revolution gears is now what Mel and Drew at ORE are installing. Made in the USA and lifetime warranty.

Drives great now and the brakes are back to working properly and quietly. 

Awesome! How do you think you bent your flange and could you share a little about your trouble shooting session? Just curious for future reference.

Did you re-gear? if so how did your bearings look? when I transferred my components to my new housing my bearings (stock oem) where shot.

Good Job on the upgrades - I need to do my rears shafts next :thumb:

Awesome! How do you think you bent your flange and could you share a little about your trouble shooting session? Just curious for future reference.

My 2012 had 52k on the stock rears. 25k of those were post lift and big tires. I'm not a "hard core" wheeler clearly, but my guess is time, miles, some moderate wheeling, and whatever else caused the flange to bend???

AS for troubleshooting. Been having rear brake issues since a couple days into the Moab trip. Intermittent noise/squeaks/clicking and brake pull. Have lifetime pad replacements at the dealer. They would inspect, tweak some things, replace the clips, but the noise would always come back. I was starting to get pissed and was about to recruit a friend with some brake experience to help solve the problem.

Asked Eddie if he would be willing to hear out my situation. His response was something to the effect "oh yeah, brakes are totally easy and have no doubt you could do them. But,........based on what you are telling me, and the fact you are certain it is coming from the rear....it sounds like a common issue associated with a bent flange." :eek:

Did you re-gear? if so how did your bearings look? when I transferred my components to my new housing my bearings (stock oem) where shot.
Good Job on the upgrades - I need to do my rears shafts next :thumb:

I had already re-geared to 5.13 when the lift was installed. The revolutions come pre-assembled and are a full replacement. Since I don’t have direct experience, I’m trusting Mel and Drew as both like these new axle shafts.

If you are having any issues, and can afford it, do the upgrade. This wasn’t anything major, but it bugged me for the few days I was driving around knowing they were bent. Wasn’t super cheap and the timing wasn’t perfect, but when is it ever.

Not sure if this helps you or anyone, but that's the long story version.

My 2012 had 52k on the stock rears. 25k of those were post lift and big tires. I'm not a "hard core" wheeler clearly, but my guess is time, miles, some moderate wheeling, and whatever else caused the flange to bend???

AS for troubleshooting. Been having rear brake issues since a couple days into the Moab trip. Intermittent noise/squeaks/clicking and brake pull. Have lifetime pad replacements at the dealer. They would inspect, tweak some things, replace the clips, but the noise would always come back. I was starting to get pissed and was about to recruit a friend with some brake experience to help solve the problem.

Asked Eddie if he would be willing to hear out my situation. His response was something to the effect "oh yeah, brakes are totally easy and have no doubt you could do them. But,........based on what you are telling me, and the fact you are certain it is coming from the rear....it sounds like a common issue associated with a bent flange." :eek:

I had already re-geared to 5.13 when the lift was installed. The revolutions come pre-assembled and are a full replacement. Since I don’t have direct experience, I’m trusting Mel and Drew as both like these new axle shafts.

If you are having any issues, and can afford it, do the upgrade. This wasn’t anything major, but it bugged me for the few days I was driving around knowing they were bent. Wasn’t super cheap and the timing wasn’t perfect, but when is it ever.

Not sure if this helps you or anyone, but that's the long story version.

Thanks - I have not had any issues yet with the rear, I asked about the re-gear as I replaced all the bearings in the front as they were toast. Not sure if when I regeared they reused what OEM bearings they can or swap out with new.

All is good - and it looks like you are ready to roll the Rubicon - Have fun - wish I was going :beer:

Thanks - I have not had any issues yet with the rear, I asked about the re-gear as I replaced all the bearings in the front as they were toast. Not sure if when I regeared they reused what OEM bearings they can or swap out with new.

All is good - and it looks like you are ready to roll the Rubicon - Have fun - wish I was going :beer:

As for having issues, I was not expecting any. Hardcore or not, i think 52K miles and moderate wheeling is a pretty good lifespan.

I'm not sure the details on the bearings immediately after the re-gear. The new chormos are all new though, bearings and all and come pressed and assembled from revolution.

Top Bottom