The Evolution of ENVY Build

This MAY be the most posts I've ever seen for the installation of links. I can't imagine how many PM's and phone calls you made! :eek: :grayno:

BTW your links look inverted.

I wouldn't zip tie your brake lines to your links.

Same as the sample pic sent. Slightly "angled" and zipped. They were zipped to my other links as well. Not saying right or wrong, just how sent to me.

Should I remove the zips and just let the brake lines go free?

Not trying to win any badges. 1 call. 3 PMs and 2 emails. Rather just get it right than guess. 👍🏼

Same as the sample pic sent. Slightly "angled" and zipped. They were zipped to my other links as well. Not saying right or wrong, just how sent to me.

Should I remove the zips and just let the brake lines go free?

Not trying to win any badges. 1 call. 3 PMs and 2 emails. Rather just get it right than guess. 👍🏼

^^This. Looks like that is going to cause issues on full stuff. Also have to remember the axle sweep.

I was working on my jeep when you sent me a PM and didn't really look at the pics. When you stuff that side there is no slack in the line. It will rip the line from the metal fitting or just rip it off all together. Just let it hang down.

Mine are straight up and down, the slant threw me off, but looks that's the way they fit with the skid. And here is how they had lines this week on Fb

Attachments

• 1429761258149.jpg
    1429761258149.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 1429761274907.jpg
    1429761274907.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 344
That's how I've done them. Zip to the shock but leave a half loop at the bottom for travel in both directions.

^^^Thanks for the info on the lines. I'll take a look at them tomorrow. My lines are routed a little differently than some of the pics (mine go through the upper shock mount). So will need to see if that factors.

Best thing to do is flex it in a controlled environment. If it's even close to a problem then you know it will be a big problem in real world circumstances.

Best thing to do is flex it in a controlled environment. If it's even close to a problem then you know it will be a big problem in real world circumstances.

Large curb at Walmart? Lol. Good point though. Just need to find a spot to do that.

Any time you can pack up the jeep and get out is never a bad thing. No matter the destination. Taking Envy for a coastal getaway. 🍷🍷

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431615793.064997.jpg

Several trips coming up in the next month. It was a maintenance day for envy. Oil change, fluids topped off, new air filter, rotation/balance and a re-torque of the spacers for good measure.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1433453658.325586.jpg

Several trips coming up in the next month. It was a maintenance day for envy. Oil change, fluids topped off, new air filter, rotation/balance and a re-torque of the spacers for good measure.

You have a nice garage. :thumb:

e51a7cee0f4b3da1ff74db06d8a92d11.jpg

Top Bottom