The build/re-build of Gruff

Yeah, but man it's killin me to take these somewhere to get put in. I so wish I took the time years ago to learn how to weld. Too many brackets need burned on for me to even think about it. LOL, I'm probably gonna be the biggest pain in the dick at that shop. Especially since it's in the same industrial park as me. :brows:

I hear you on the welding. When I was a teenager, my dad or brother would’ve gladly taught me but I didn’t really have any interest in it then.

That’s convenient that it’ll be so close. Easy to keep tabs on things...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Goodbye coil perches. Not really necessary but I'm not gonna need them and I wanted to clean the rear up a little.

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

Nothing like grinding on a brand new set of axles!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Right? If I was smart I would have asked Bubba to have them leave them off but I didn't think they'd do that. He did ask them to leave the LCA mount off of the rear for the high clearance brackets so I didn't have to mess with those.

Right? If I was smart I would have asked Bubba to have them leave them off but I didn't think they'd do that. He did ask them to leave the LCA mount off of the rear for the high clearance brackets so I didn't have to mess with those.

When are you taking it all to the shop?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Sweet man! Glad you finally got them! Looking fwd to the install. Think I missed it, but are you changing suspension too?

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! Going to coilovers now. And changing my rear LA setup to the high clearance mounts. When I did my existing LA setup a couple years ago the high clearance mounts either weren't available as a kit for the coilover setup or I didn't know it was available that way. Tired of dragging the std mounts over everything it seems. There were numerous obstacles that seemed unnecessarily hard because the frame mounts got caught and hung me up. We'll see....

Thanks! Going to coilovers now. And changing my rear LA setup to the high clearance mounts. When I did my existing LA setup a couple years ago the high clearance mounts either weren't available as a kit for the coilover setup or I didn't know it was available that way. Tired of dragging the std mounts over everything it seems. There were numerous obstacles that seemed unnecessarily hard because the frame mounts got caught and hung me up. We'll see....

I’m hoping going to 40s solved that issue. We’ll see...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m hoping going to 40s solved that issue. We’ll see...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I was figuring the same thing and that's probably the case, but I'm tired of regretting doing something so I figured screw it - I'm doing this shit all at once since the axle is gonna be on the ground anyways.

Goodbye coil perches. Not really necessary but I'm not gonna need them and I wanted to clean the rear up a little.
View attachment 342805

Nice looking axles, I don't know why I though I had read they were moving the rear axle to the PR62 housing for that bundle but I guess I was wrong. Would still kill for a pair of those!!

Edit, Never mind I was still wrong, it was the front which might explain your question as to why the front upper control arm mount was cast into the pumpkin and not bolted like before.
Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 8.41.17 AM.jpg

Last edited:
There were numerous obstacles that seemed unnecessarily hard because the frame mounts got caught and hung me up. We'll see....

This is what I explain to people when they ask about long arm kits and off-road. The EVO high clearance is the only one that makes sense for both on and off-road performance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom