The build/re-build of Gruff

Did Jeff do the Hydro yet?

Edit: Duhr. Didn't see Jeffs post. Jeff - what is hitting your DL?

The ram itself is hitting the DL at full turn to passenger. Essentially the adjusting but for the link and the ram are making contact. If I raise the mounting bracket I’m hitting at full turn on the body of the DL at full driver turn. I may have to either
Move the mounting bracket up and towards the center of the axle a little or flip the whole ram and mount the ram bracket to the diff cover which I’m learning is what is recommended but that makes real nervous on strain there.

The ram itself is hitting the DL at full turn to passenger. Essentially the adjusting but for the link and the ram are making contact. If I raise the mounting bracket I’m hitting at full turn on the body of the DL at full driver turn. I may have to either
Move the mounting bracket up and towards the center of the axle a little or flip the whole ram and mount the ram bracket to the diff cover which I’m learning is what is recommended but that makes real nervous on strain there.

Is your ram level? Pics?

Not that it will help a ton but here are mine once Jeff posts up his. 60538615737__D9AD5E16-F0C0-436C-84F8-CAEAC32BBA32.jpg

60538612305__192752BC-771B-4982-A377-CA04C241BC27.jpg

That’s full passenger lock with room to spare

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Were your ram mounts already welded on? How do the Trail Graps ride? Do you notice the radial pull people talk about? They sure are a good looking tire.

It looks like Bills drag link is more parallel to the tie rod to me?

I agree. I said the same thing to Billl. I’m thinking his pitman may be longer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 342963

Are your mounts the same? I can't see Bill's. It looks like your ram mount could be moved a little to the driver side. Whats it look like full lock the other way?
Did you get an 8" stroke ram?

Edit: Is your track bar mounted?

Our mounts are the same except Bill had new tabs welded a little higher. I have moved mine up and around and you are right, if I raise the tabs and move driver with them I think I will clear. My track bar isn’t mounted yet because synergy is still on back order. But that is a great point. I had it sitting right when on the ground but I have the axles on stands while messing with this and it could be off. Damn Jerry you may have just answered some of my problem.

I’m still dead in the water until this track bar comes in.

Our mounts are the same except Bill had new tabs welded a little higher. I have moved mine up and around and you are right, if I raise the tabs and move driver with them I think I will clear. My track bar isn’t mounted yet because synergy is still on back order. But that is a great point. I had it sitting right when on the ground but I have the axles on stands while messing with this and it could be off. Damn Jerry you may have just answered some of my problem.

Throw your stock TB with just the bolts through the holes & see how it does.

That is a very good point

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Another puzzle piece in - 8" stroke ram from PSC got here today. Thanks Bubba.
The last thing I need now (hahahahahaha) is the Bubba Tie Rod & I should be set with the parts.

View attachment 342915

Do you have the whole kit? I have a ram, a ported box and the lines. Debating about just running that or buying a new kit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Do you have the whole kit? I have a ram, a ported box and the lines. Debating about just running that or buying a new kit.

Yeah, I have a whole kit already on. Just needed a longer ram for the new axles.

What you have is basically a redneck ram system, no? Guys swear by those.

Yeah, I have a whole kit already on. Just needed a longer ram for the new axles.

What you have is basically a redneck ram system, no? Guys swear by those.

Idk. Haven’t looked into those much. I’m trying to figure out if the PSC is worth it to buy a whole new kit when I already have most of it. I’ll wait until after the virus I guess.

Top Bottom