The build/re-build of Gruff

Did you paint it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
No, I was just happy to get the damn thing back in! Almost ordered a new one but last try with two jacks and a tranny jack finally persuaded it! Besides everything else looks like shit underneath so....

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

No, I was just happy to get the damn thing back in! Almost ordered a new one but last try with two jacks and a tranny jack finally persuaded it! Besides everything else looks like shit underneath so....

Ha! Know the feeling! I put mine in a couple years ago! SOB! I wish they would powder coat em or something!

That was a crazy amount of work to dive into for the weekend. So aggravating when the simplest part turned the biggest pain the ass. I love that lift, I’ve got to get one! It would make so many projects under the jeep a lot smoother. Great job!

Ha! Know the feeling! I put mine in a couple years ago! SOB! I wish they would powder coat em or something!

And to make it worse, the winters suck up here. Damn salt just destroys everything. :grayno:

That was a crazy amount of work to dive into for the weekend. So aggravating when the simplest part turned the biggest pain the ass. I love that lift, I’ve got to get one! It would make so many projects under the jeep a lot smoother. Great job!

Thanks! The biggest part of this was the t-case swap. It's not really that difficult of a job as it is irritating. There are bolts that are a bitch to reach that makes it frustrating. That crossmember though....:mad:

You will be sore tomorrow after getting up and down off the floor 100 times this weekend! Do you have to reprogram it now?

Hah! You 'aint kiddin! Damn it sucks getting old! My back, shoulders, ankles and now wrists are sore as hell. That cold concrete floor doesn't help either. Being on a creeper helps a lot but it's been cold and damp here for the last couple weeks.

And since nothing I ever do seems to go without a hitch, my rad fan isn't working now. Its throwing 'circuits open' codes. Back to the garage....

Just curious Jerry, did you change out the cable linkage on the t-case or stay with the stock linkage? I want to upgrade the t-case too.

Just curious Jerry, did you change out the cable linkage on the t-case or stay with the stock linkage? I want to upgrade the t-case too.

I did not. I almost ordered that Atlas cable but damn it's expensive! I don't mind spending money but $200 for a cable is pricey. I did buy 2 of the bushings for the case end of the cable and one for the shifter end for spares. Figured I'd wait for that cable when I do a V8 swap [emoji6]

Edit: When you get your case do yourself a HUGE favor and have a tranny lift, a 14mm stubby wrench and this socket:
Reaching the 6 bolts that hold the tcase on is really tight. These 2 pieces make it much easier

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YK7Q1U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man! Text me who you talked to at Motec for the T-case.

Painting season! Time to do the preseason repaint of my sliders and skins. Course the weekend I plan on doing this the temps drop to the 30's. Also re-wiring my license plate lights and doing some side marker lights for the rear since I have everything taken off.

Sure looks funny without the carrier and skins.

0304181236.jpg

The area behind the skins was remarkably clean for being on for two years. I'm glad I upgraded to the stainless steel nutserts. I painted the holes first then gooped silicone on them before I installed them and it's held up really well. I also ran a bead of silicone along the top of the skins but left the bottom of them open so water didn't get trapped behind them.

0304181237.jpg

0304181235a.jpg

0304181235b.jpg

0304181347.jpg

Look out - I'm trying to do wiring!

0304181935.jpg

Painting season! Time to do the preseason repaint of my sliders and skins. Course the weekend I plan on doing this the temps drop to the 30's. Also re-wiring my license plate lights and doing some side marker lights for the rear since I have everything taken off.

Sure looks funny without the carrier and skins.

View attachment 295324

The area behind the skins was remarkably clean for being on for two years. I'm glad I upgraded to the stainless steel nutserts. I painted the holes first then gooped silicone on them before I installed them and it's held up really well. I also ran a bead of silicone along the top of the skins but left the bottom of them open so water didn't get trapped behind them.

View attachment 295325

View attachment 295327

View attachment 295328

View attachment 295326

Look out - I'm trying to do wiring!

View attachment 295329
What kind of paint are you using? Everything looks great btw!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You better be back together for this weekend!!!

That parts all buttoned up and done last night - I just didn't take pics of the skins back on. The bad part is my goddam cooling fan decided to quit working. :mad: I'm cursed with the cooling system in this fucker. I am dropping it off at the dealer tonight so it'll be done, just gonna cost an arm & a leg.

What kind of paint are you using? Everything looks great btw!!

Thanks! I use this paint by SEM I get at a local auto body supply store. Guy recommended it a couple years when I did my first install. It goes on light so its easy to use a wire wheel to clean the whole slider off and respray. Even being that its a light paint it holds up really well. Just be sure to use a good self-etching primer first with whatever paint you use.

SEM-39143-Trim-Black.jpg

Looks great :thumb:

Thanks Shaq!

Top Bottom