The build/re-build of Gruff

Did a little pre-run to the Allegheny National Forest yesterday checking out campgrounds and some of the trails/roads. Can;t believe I've never been there and its only 2 hours away from my house. :grayno: Saw zero vehicles all day long on the roads and trails there. It was great!

View attachment 292102

Looks like a beautiful area! This picture should be your Business Christmas Card if you do that type of thing. I could stare at that all day!

Thanks buddy! Ha! I immediately thought of you yesterday Pete. I was leafing through a pamphlet I picked up at the Ranger station and came across this page:

LOL, we got bigfeets too :shock: Not too sure bout the bigfoot sausage & wine though :icon_crazy:

View attachment 292122

I googled Jacobs Bigfoot and this came up. Looks kinda sketchy

View attachment 292124
Fucking hilarious! I've seen that squatch on the net!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great Pics, rigs looking great as well! That's cool to that you had the trails all to yourself. :thumb:

Thanks! Yeah, its pretty awesome knowing you're the only one for miles around. LOL, nothing like the scale of being out West but still awesome.

Gruff is lookin Awesome! Love the Slabs and scenery.

And in case you forget to get the road salt of your Kings, here’s a friendly reminder...
View attachment 292133

Thanks! Have you ever camped there? I only took in about 1 fifth of the park. Probably even less than that.

Ugh, my kings won't rust. I talked to Drew out are ORE and he game me a tip to spray the shocks down with a good spray on wax after each wash. Seems to be working really well so far.

Looks like a beautiful area! This picture should be your Business Christmas Card if you do that type of thing. I could stare at that all day!

That's a good idea - thanks!

Nice pics :thumb:

Thanks buddy!

Fucking hilarious! I've seen that squatch on the net!

I think you need to petition Eddie for a Squatch emoji! :cheesy:

I really need to make a trek out to your side of the state soon.

We are going to plan something very soon for spring. I will make a thread about it soon :thumb:

I really need to make a trek out to your side of the state soon.

We are going to plan something very soon for spring. I will make a thread about it soon :thumb:

It'd be fun to check out the Elk in the Benezette area. They have a campground there and also some really fun trails in that area as well. Nothing really hardcore but there is an old gas well shelf road Taylor and I went on that rivals the shelf roads out West. It was sketchy as shit! :eek:

Looking forward to another trip East!

Winter maintenance and upgrade time.
Started with replacing the second rad in the Jeep. The aftermarket one I picked up last year was leaking along the end caps. Went with a Mopar replacement this time. I sure hope it lasts longer than a year
this time. This has become an annual event. No pic - rads are boring.
Replaced power steering factory hose with the larger PSC ID supply line on my hydro setup. Heard mixed reviews so I'll be curious to see if it makes much of a difference.
Shitty pic - I forgot to take one when the rad was out.

g1.jpg

hose 1.jpg

Threw in an inline cooler while I had everything ripped out.

cooler.jpg

Diff fluid change. Gears still look brand new after 54k miles

D44.jpg

D60.jpg

Neat trick I read about somewhere that makes re-installing your covers a snap. Take a couple bolts and cut the heads off of them. then install them in the axle on each side. This allows you to slide the cover on them without worrying about boogering up the nice fresh bead of sealant you just laid.

D60 studs.jpg

Crazy how close the gears are to the axle housing on these PR60's

D60 gear.jpg

Scored a Rubicon Tcase from Motech. Only had 9K miles on it so its basically brand new. The fluid looked like it came fresh out of a bottle.

New tcase.jpg

Out with the old...

Old Tcase.jpg

In with the new (if it was only that easy!)

tcase install.jpg

Still fighting to get the old tranny crossmember bolted up. That damn thing will not line up so I can get the 2 bolts on each side in. Its so beat to hell twisted that the holes are all wonky.
That's a job for this weekend.

Looks like a big job.....it will be worth it, that's a sweet upgrade for the rock. Nice work!

Nice work. Is that a driveway transmission jack? If so, where'd you get it?

Thanks! Yeah, I tried using a floor jack but doing it by yourself turned out to be a pain in the ass because of how high the case is with lift, tires, etc. I gave up and bought one at Harbor Freight for $99.
That part of the job turned into a piece of cake with that lift.

Looks like a big job.....it will be worth it, that's a sweet upgrade for the rock. Nice work!

Thanks Jeff Honestly trying to get this damn crossmember back in is turning out to be the hardest part of this job. I may just order a new aftermarket one and call it a day if I can't get this thing in this evening

Thanks! Yeah, I tried using a floor jack but doing it by yourself turned out to be a pain in the ass because of how high the case is with lift, tires, etc. I gave up and bought one at Harbor Freight for $99.
That part of the job turned into a piece of cake with that lift.

Thanks Jeff Honestly trying to get this damn crossmember back in is turning out to be the hardest part of this job. I may just order a new aftermarket one and call it a day if I can't get this thing in this evening

That’s what I plan to do if I ever pick up a rubi t case. Just switch it out with the evo. I had to bend and twist mine when I put on the evo crossmember skid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That’s what I plan to do if I ever pick up a rubi t case. Just switch it out with the evo. I had to bend and twist mine when I put on the evo crossmember skid.

Good point - I have the EVO crossmember skid sitting on my workbench to install too. I'll probably be ready to throw the whole damn thing over the hill by the time I get it to fit! Knew I shoulda just ordered the damn thing earlier this week so I'd have it.....

Nice upgrade!

Thanks buddy! Congrats on the second Jeep BTW!

Good point - I have the EVO crossmember skid sitting on my workbench to install too. I'll probably be ready to throw the whole damn thing over the hill by the time I get it to fit! Knew I shoulda just ordered the damn thing earlier this week so I'd have it.....

Thanks buddy! Congrats on the second Jeep BTW!

Yeah I hate it when that happens. Maybe use the skid as a flat surface to see how the crossmember needs to be bent?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom