The build/re-build of Gruff

But its PA....so it will never happen :grayno:

Honestly that may still end up that way but I've known this guy for 30 years and we may have a fighting chance with him. He's waiting on the JL pickup so he can get a diesel for his drives back and forth to the capitol every week. This could eventually turn out to be something a bunch of guys/groups have to end up going in front of a committee in Harrisburg and making our stance known. Keep that suit of yours dusted off - you may need it again one of these days soon!

Honestly that may still end up that way but I've known this guy for 30 years and we may have a fighting chance with him. He's waiting on the JL pickup so he can get a diesel for his drives back and forth to the capitol every week. This could eventually turn out to be something a bunch of guys/groups have to end up going in front of a committee in Harrisburg and making our stance known. Keep that suit of yours dusted off - you may need it again one of these days soon!

I will be ready with knuckles! Just give me the word!

Wouldn't a Jeep convoy going to the Capitol be awesome? Man I hope it gets to that point. Might be a lengthy process but hopefully something comes of it

Sent from my iThingie

Took another trip to Benezette in the mountains over the weekend. Keep finding more and more trails every time we go. We're going to do this at least once every month through Winter. Here in PA the Archery season is still in but I only saw two trucks parked where the guys would be hunting. Really surprising because this area was really heavily hunted back in the 70's & 80's. Now it seems no one goes to this area anymore. That's ok - don't have to worry about bumping into anyone and we have all of the trails to ourselves.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6 (2).jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

16.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Nice photos, beautiful area. Little forest roads like this are our favorite to get away from the crowds.

Nice photos, beautiful area. Little forest roads like this are our favorite to get away from the crowds.

Yeah, I grew up going to this area way back and its a blast to go back. Its about a 2 hour drive to get there but so worth it to get away from civilization. No cell coverage, no internet, man its great.
I love to find a spot to just sit for an hour or so and just listen to nothing. Looking forward to going back this Winter.

I need to explore over here more, but I dont think there is anything like that. Thanks for sharing :thumb:

I need to explore over here more, but I dont think there is anything like that. Thanks for sharing :thumb:

I'd be willing to bet you could find a lot of those kind of trails in Pinchot Nat'l Park. That's fairly close to you right?

Great pics. I really need to find myself with a tank full of gas and a few free hours one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

You'd be doing yourself and your kids a favor by visiting Benezette. There's a campground right outside of town and the Elk viewing Center is right up the hill. Hell, they even wander into and around the campground. There's a decent restaurant/bar in town. Stop in at the Benezette Winery and pick up a Purple Lizard map of the area that shows all the hiking trails & you're set. Don't bother with the wine - its not very good but the hard cider is great. There's Parker Dam State park where they can swim and fish. Its a really nice weekend place :thumb:

You'd be doing yourself and your kids a favor by visiting Benezette. There's a campground right outside of town and the Elk viewing Center is right up the hill. Hell, they even wander into and around the campground. There's a decent restaurant/bar in town. Stop in at the Benezette Winery and pick up a Purple Lizard map of the area that shows all the hiking trails & you're set. Don't bother with the wine - its not very good but the hard cider is great. There's Parker Dam State park where they can swim and fish. Its a really nice weekend place :thumb:

Thanks so much for the insight!!! I’ll be sure to put it on next year’s camping itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom