The build/re-build of Gruff

Finally got around to finishing up a bunch of small detail stuff and a couple more upgrades. Since the Rockstar install I've been trying to dial in the shock/springs being that I only had about 3-1/2" of uptravel on the new King shocks.
I tried a set of 1" spacers that seemed like they'd work out ok but after a couple days I was back to what I had before. Still trying to figure that out - the only way that could happen is if the springs were sinking into the spacers. So I
seriously considered throwing in a set of 4" Plush Rides as Drew out at ORE said he's got the same D60 Rockstars and that's the Spring/shock combo that he's running with no issues. I only hesitated because so many people say that
they will sag under a heavy load and gear. And planning on towing a travel trailer didn't seem as if that'd be the optimal setup. So I started searching the interwebs and found these Currie 4" + 1 springs.

Currie spring.jpg

Currie 2.jpg

Currie spring 1.jpg

They're 1" longer than the standard 4" coils and should not unseat while flexing and I got a 1" boost and there's 5" of shaft showing. A tech out at King said that's plenty with the EVO spec version of these shocks. So far the ride on road is great. I took them on the trails behind my house and they flex well and do not come unseated there. We'll see how they do really flexing next trip. So, looks like problem solved on that one. but now I have mismatched coils and the factory rake back. Ugh, might just live with it for a while or throw a set of new springs up front.

Flipped my control arms

Finally got around to getting these flipped. Gotta protect your nuts, right?

LCA 1.jpg

LCA 2.jpg

Attachments

• LCA 1.jpg
    LCA 1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 108
And probably most important - installed a 3" passenger seat lift for the midget wife. I started this but never did finish it. Now she can see over the Rock Hard dash bar.

Seat lift 1.jpg

Seat lift 2.jpg

Seat lift 3.jpg

Looks good [emoji106]
Good to hear that you have your spring/shock situation figured out.
If you don't like the rake, just throw some sandbags in the back lol....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looking good. If you have time, post a picture of the difference in seat heights, curious to see it.

Looks good [emoji106]
Good to hear that you have your spring/shock situation figured out.
If you don't like the rake, just throw some sandbags in the back lol....

Honestly it really doesn't bother me that much but I may switch out the springs because the Curries in the rear ride much better than the RK springs I had. The wife even noticed how much better it rides.

Looking good. If you have time, post a picture of the difference in seat heights, curious to see it.

Hah, yeah, she definitely has the queen view now. I'll post up a pic tonight, I didn't drive the Jeep today.

lol I never thought about this. I might have to do this for my wife when I get a cage. lol she's 5' and never have let her drive with me so idk how well she can see.

Hah - mine says she's 5-2 but that's wishful thinkin! After the cage install she was looking right at that dash bar. I just bought a piece of round bar stock off of Amazon & cut down.
https://smile.amazon.com/Diameter-A...+Long+6061+Aluminum+Round+Bar+Lathe+Rod+Stock

Looks like they're out of stock now but this should be pretty easy to find.

Top Bottom