The build/re-build of Gruff

Since ORE only makes these stickers in white or black and I'm anal about shit looks, I got some red sticker sheet from a sign shop and traced out this one & cut out with an exacto knife. Kinda bummed the wiper blades sit on it somewhat but best I could position them.

ore.jpg

Since ORE only makes these stickers in white or black and I'm anal about shit looks, I got some red sticker sheet from a sign shop and traced out this one & cut out with an exacto knife. Kinda bummed the wiper blades sit on it somewhat but best I could position them.

View attachment 276610
Turned out sweet! They should have more choices like that!
Man that's really good craftsmanship great job on the ORE man

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man that's really good craftsmanship great job on the ORE man

Turned out sweet! They should have more choices like that!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks gents. I tried a black one but it doesn't shown up at all at the bottom of the windshield. Drew out at ORE said if I want red i'm on my own. Figured I better ask so no one gets bent outta shape later on if they see it. Hah, not likely to happen but still better to ask.

Hold yer horses goddamit! :cheesy:

Here's some shitty pics - sorry Andy, these will have to do til I can get some good flex pics now that I have everything pretty much sorted out.

View attachment 274247

View attachment 274246

View attachment 274248

View attachment 274249

Not that the Fox Shox I replaced weren't any good, but these King shocks are a whole new level over the Fox 2.0's. These are impressive pieces of equipment. I've driven them a couple hundred miles and the onroad performance is rock solid. They just soak up whoops and rises in the roads like they're not even there. I can't wait to push these off road and on some dirt backroads to see how they handle there. I'm sure they'll do great.

Curious, did you check the psi charge in the Kings before the install?

Curious, did you check the psi charge in the Kings before the install?

Y'know, I did not. I've seen where other guys have received their Kings with less than the full charge but with so small a gas reservoir I didn't want to let anything out while I was checking the pressure.
I've got about 800 road miles on these now and if they aren't fully charged I'd be surprised. They ride really good and handle both compression and rebound great. Especially at higher speeds over big whoops
like on bridge approaches.

Y'know, I did not. I've seen where other guys have received their Kings with less than the full charge but with so small a gas reservoir I didn't want to let anything out while I was checking the pressure.
I've got about 800 road miles on these now and if they aren't fully charged I'd be surprised. They ride really good and handle both compression and rebound great. Especially at higher speeds over big whoops
like on bridge approaches.

Glad the ride is good, my OCD wouldn't let me install them without checking first.

Damn Jerry, I just looked through your thread, you've been a busy boy. Sure is looking good!

Damn Jerry, I just looked through your thread, you've been a busy boy. Sure is looking good!

Hahaha, thanks Jeff. Gotta say that I'm pretty much done with the big stuff at this point. All little stuff from here on it looks like.

Zevulin's post above yours got me wondering though. How do you service your coilovers & bypass shocks? Do you have a local guy
that can fill nitrogen or will you send yours out to get done?

Hahaha, thanks Jeff. Gotta say that I'm pretty much done with the big stuff at this point. All little stuff from here on it looks like.

Zevulin's post above yours got me wondering though. How do you service your coilovers & bypass shocks? Do you have a local guy
that can fill nitrogen or will you send yours out to get done?

I just subscribed, hoping to get some answers to this myself. I would probably just send them in, but how can you tell when they would need done. Living where I live I don't have to many options for quality shops.

I just subscribed, hoping to get some answers to this myself. I would probably just send them in, but how can you tell when they would need done. Living where I live I don't have to many options for quality shops.

I would imagine by checking the pressure or loss in performance. I don't know of anyone in the Pittsburgh area that works on these shocks but there has to be someone. I'll let you know if I find anyone local.

I looked into the Nitrogen charging setups and they're pretty pricey, like in the $300-500 range.

Hey Jerry, I'm planning on heading to Laurel Highlands Jeep Fest at Nemacolin again this year. Let me know if you have any interest in heading up the mountains.

That's great Drew - I signed up this year - I was gonna try to get the wife to drive on the course. We'll have to meet up. What route do you take up there?

That's great Drew - I signed up this year - I was gonna try to get the wife to drive on the course. We'll have to meet up. What route do you take up there?

I take the turnpike to New Stanton then jump on 119S then Route 40. I'm not even sure that's the best way but my parents live right off 119 in Uniontown so it's just the way I'm used to going.

Found a really nice group of trails in a State Park near Johnstown. Couldn't believe these are actually open and available. Course, wouldn't be PA unless half of them were gated off for no good reason.

1.jpg

2.jpg

2a.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Note to self: never move to PA. Horrible winters, trails are closed. Whole lotta NOPE! :grayno:

LOL, our Winters are WAAAAAY overated as far as being bad. I have an 8' hydraulic plow for the front of my farm tractor that hasn't been mounted for the past 2 Winters. Its such a pain in the ass that
I haven't even bothered with it.
As far as trails being closed, yes, that's certainly true but there are areas to wheel in - you just gotta go dig em out. And then keep quiet so the moron crews don't find out about them.

Awesome! Looks like a great find.

Thanks Jeff. I'm anxious to see if they keep these all open over the Winter. I just found out Sunday at a party that my buddy who is a State Rep sits on the board of the Parks and State Game Lands Commission. I bent his ear
about how it's not right for the Pa State lands to be gated off and to not allow taxpayer usage year round. He agrees and is gonna start gathering information regarding the issue. Got my fingers crossed. Hes a great guy and
he's not just giving the typical politician lip service. Could turn out to be a really big deal.

Top Bottom