The build/re-build of Gruff

Since I was dropping the rear springs from the upper buckets after the LA install new shocks were on order. Talked it over with Drew at ORE and decided on the King 2.5's. Just came in and now I have a fun weekend project - screw weed whacking the damn fence line. :yup:

View attachment 272138

View attachment 272139

View attachment 272140

View attachment 272141

View attachment 272142

Damn, you went from really nice shocks to really really nice shocks. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Congrats Jerry! Just rig the weed whacked up to the back of the jeep and drive along the fence line after the shocks are installed!

This is ridiculous. Seriously. [emoji19]

I'm sorry, could you please repeat that? I was distracted by a huge glare.

images.jpg

Damn, you went from really nice shocks to really really nice shocks. Congrats.

Thanks buddy! Hope your camping season is going well. Dig the new avatar too!

Congrats Jerry! Just rig the weed whacked up to the back of the jeep and drive along the fence line after the shocks are installed!

Hmmm, I don't know. They may take me all day :)beer: :beer: :beer: ) to install them. ;)

You have few more hours, otherwise tomorrow will be over [emoji84][emoji84][emoji84][emoji84][emoji83][emoji83][emoji83][emoji83]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hold yer horses goddamit! :cheesy:

Here's some shitty pics - sorry Andy, these will have to do til I can get some good flex pics now that I have everything pretty much sorted out.

RS1.jpg

RS2.jpg

FS1.jpg

FS2.jpg

Not that the Fox Shox I replaced weren't any good, but these King shocks are a whole new level over the Fox 2.0's. These are impressive pieces of equipment. I've driven them a couple hundred miles and the onroad performance is rock solid. They just soak up whoops and rises in the roads like they're not even there. I can't wait to push these off road and on some dirt backroads to see how they handle there. I'm sure they'll do great.

Shocks look sexy! :thumb:

Sweet Jerry! I can only imagine the difference with the Kings. I noticed from the Rubi to the Fox 2.0.

Danke gents

I was concerned they'd be too stiff but talked to Drew at ORE a couple times & he said otherwise. Funny - When I called out there to order the shocks Mel answered the phone. I was so damn excited talking to him that when Drew got on the line I forgot to order these with the adjusters :crazyeyes: LOL, I was like a little kid! Mel probably wondered who the goofy jackass was he just talked to. :cheesy: So I called Drew when I opened the box & noticed the adjusters weren't on the shocks and he said if I was running the Plush Ride coils I'd maybe benefit from them but with the heavier Rock Krawler coils I have they'd be just fine without them. He was right. This combo pairs well together - better than the Fox's I was running.

Top Bottom