The build/re-build of Gruff

Very impressive for only 2 years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man I hope no one feels as though that statement came across the wrong way. I wasn't bragging - I was kind of marveling that this damn thing is actually mine! It's been both an awfull fun time and bittersweet one doing this. I'm thankful I've been able to do it and thankful of all the great folks on this site that I've learned from.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Man I hope no one feels as though that statement came across the wrong way. I wasn't bragging - I was kind of marveling that this damn thing is actually mine! It's been both an awfull fun time and bittersweet one doing this. I'm thankful I've been able to do it and thankful of all the great folks on this site that I've learned from.

Fucking east coasters bragging again about how they wheel hard and blah blah blah

Well I don't know you but I assume you worked hard for your stuff and you should be proud of it [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Since I was dropping the rear springs from the upper buckets after the LA install new shocks were on order. Talked it over with Drew at ORE and decided on the King 2.5's. Just came in and now I have a fun weekend project - screw weed whacking the damn fence line. :yup:

king1.jpg

king2.jpg

king3.jpg

king4.jpg

king5.jpg

Since I was dropping the rear springs from the upper buckets after the LA install new shocks were on order. Talked it over with Drew at ORE and decided on the King 2.5's. Just came in and now I have a fun weekend project - screw weed whacking the damn fence line. :yup:

Your build just gets nicer and nicer sir! I'd really like a set of those 2.5's myself.

Which need to be rebuilt and massively cleaned

I've often wondered what CO guys do when that happens. Is Knuckles going to be up on blocks while you get them serviced or can you run springs in the meantime?

Well aren't those pretty

Thanks man! I put them under my mattress last night & slept on them :D

i hate him moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't be a hater dammit! ;)

Which need to be rebuilt and massively cleaned

I talked to Drew about the cleaning aspect of these. That's one thing the shocks do have over the coilovers is no slider rubbing anywhere. But still, there's really nothing you can do coating wise other than do a spray on detailing wax constantly, which is what they do. I may even remove the damn things in the Winter months to try and preserve them.

Your build just gets nicer and nicer sir! I'd really like a set of those 2.5's myself.
I've often wondered what CO guys do when that happens. Is Knuckles going to be up on blocks while you get them serviced or can you run springs in the meantime?

Thanks Dave - appreciate that man!

View attachment 272138

View attachment 272139

View attachment 272140

View attachment 272141

View attachment 272142
Oh man,. Gonna look sweet on an already sweet rig brother!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a new daily driver so he will just be on jack stands during that time.
Thanks man! I put them under my mattress last night & slept on them :D

Don't be a hater dammit! ;)

I talked to Drew about the cleaning aspect of these. That's one thing the shocks do have over the coilovers is no slider rubbing anywhere. But still, there's really nothing you can do coating wise other than do a spray on detailing wax constantly, which is what they do. I may even remove the damn things in the Winter months to try and preserve them.

Thanks Dave - appreciate that man!

Gonna have to remember to use a spray wax and pair it with the fluid film this winter

Top Bottom