The build/re-build of Gruff

Long Arms!

Teaser shots. I have to post up more tomorrow. Difference between standard arms and the long arms is unbelievable.

8416.jpg

8417.jpg

Much better. Looks great.

Thanks Doug!

Definitely post some more pictures

Working on it! Been busy as shit outside lately.

Your photographer need help with proper lighting 🍺

Haha - Your fab skills more than make up for that! Thank again! :thumb:

Nice! Congrats to you :thumb:

Thanks Eddie. Gotta say this is a sweet addition. Frankly I'm surprised how much of a difference it makes. I'll never do it but
I can only imagine what the full DTD/Evo lever system is like to drive.

Looks sweet Jerry!

Thanks buddy! :beer:

You can see how far the LCA is moved in this first pic. The bolt in the middle of the photo is the old LCA mounting hole.

front bracket 3.jpg

Looking from the front over the axle to the driver's side mounting bracket

front bracket 4.jpg

front bracket 5.jpg

You can see in these next 2 photos how the front upper rear CA joint is vertical instead of a horizontal one.

front bracket 6.jpg

front bracket 7.jpg

front lca.jpg

And some Rockstars. I really like how he trimmed the front of the CA bracket back a little so I can adjust the nuts without dropping the arms. The D60 brackets were huge.

rockstars 1.jpg

rockstars 2.jpg

I would be worried about that jam but bolt Jerry facing down like that on the arms. Might want to flip that up top

I would be worried about that jam but bolt Jerry facing down like that on the arms. Might want to flip that up top

I hear you. The problem is that the grease fitting on the fixed end will be completely hidden. If that was the case, you would have to completely remove the arm to grease the upper (frame end) joint.

I hear you. The problem is that the grease fitting on the fixed end will be completely hidden. If that was the case, you would have to completely remove the arm to grease the upper (frame end) joint.

With a 90* zerk you wouldn't have to. Based off the pic it looks like there is plenty of room. If not then easily jacking the Jeep up a little to let the axle droop would allow access

So I've put a couple hundred miles on the Jeep since the upgrade and I have to say its a pretty amazing difference. Before the LA's 70mph was fine. 75 was tolerable, but 80? Umm, yeah no. I was in Wyoming last Spring on I-80 getting blown off the road by the semis going 90. It sucked mightily. Now I've taken it up to 90 several times and there is absolutely zero drama. None. I've looked down several times at the speedo over the weekend and surprised myself that I was going as fast as I was. I'm confident I could go faster no problem, but frankly I don't need to. And I'm really pissed I can't find someone to balance my damn tires. One of the best upgrades I've done. Thanks Shopteach for a job well done! :thumb:

With a 90* zerk you wouldn't have to. Based off the pic it looks like there is plenty of room. If not then easily jacking the Jeep up a little to let the axle droop would allow access

We talked about that when I picked Jeep up. I may try the flush zerks that WJCO used on his WJ.

I can agree with that. A 90* fitting may allow that to work.

You can see how far the LCA is moved in this first pic. The bolt in the middle of the photo is the old LCA mounting hole.

View attachment 269498

Looking from the front over the axle to the driver's side mounting bracket

View attachment 269499

View attachment 269500

You can see in these next 2 photos how the front upper rear CA joint is vertical instead of a horizontal one.

View attachment 269501

View attachment 269502

View attachment 269503

How does the vertical joint work with flexing?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom