The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

Still running stock DS here as well. Boot has blown to pieces though, and I'll probably make new DS my next upgrade. I keep having it lubed as a precaution until I get the chance to swap it out.

The stock driveshaft is actually stronger than a 1310 its just too wide for full flex with higher lifts

Sent from my phone?

Well, depending on the year you have, yes it may be too wide and the boot will rub on your Y-pipe. But the real problem with the stock is the angle it might have to support on your suspension droop may be too much for it to handle.

That's why most DS sellers recommend the 1310 for 33" or smaller tires and a 1350 for anything larger than that. You need to regain the strength you lose from the stock shaft.

Got my EVO rock star skids put on this weekend and had a washer welded on to the front trackbar mount to try and re-enforce it a little.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381787261.087012.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381787274.129655.jpg

Here is the trackbar
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381787290.748463.jpg

Also got my new air hose and air gauge for my air compressor that should be coming on soon.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381787329.544793.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

What is the piece of metal covering the word EVO on your pic of the skid? Mine just has a bolt there

i need to find a shop that installs stuff i dont want to

Believe it or not I'm his only jeep customer lol he is a tuner guy and lowers civics and everything. Does TONS of custom metal work and everything else. He even mentioned to me that he would build me a air compressor but I already bought the ARB twin compressor when he mentioned it. Wish I could return it and have him build me a sick set up.

Sent from my iPhone

Believe it or not I'm his only jeep customer lol he is a tuner guy and lowers civics and everything. Does TONS of custom metal work and everything else. He even mentioned to me that he would build me a air compressor but I already bought the ARB twin compressor when he mentioned it. Wish I could return it and have him build me a sick set up.

Sent from my iPhone

thats too funny, but awesome if he does good work. Ive just gotten into im too lazy to do anything anymore lol so all parts just sit and laugh at me everyday I walk past them.

Sent from my iPhone

He probably loves having all that room to work. Maybe you will convert him.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone

Let us know how that compressor works after a couple months of use. I am on the fence between going with a powerplant or getting a cheaper winch and a under the hood compressor

Let us know how that compressor works after a couple months of use. I am on the fence between going with a powerplant or getting a cheaper winch and a under the hood compressor

I would get the compressor by itself, you'll never know when you may want to get air lockers down the road, it's one less thing to buy.

He probably loves having all that room to work. Maybe you will convert him.

Tom

he said he wants to rat rod an old CJ so im trying to convince him to get a junkyard one and work on it! plus he loves my jeep and i think im pushing him into getting one lol

yea i will for sure. my plan was to get the compressor then get a rear air locker when i regear so it will serve a dual purpose.

I would get the compressor by itself, you'll never know when you may want to get air lockers down the road, it's one less thing to buy.

yep thats why i got it so i can do an air locker in the future

I figured as much I have just heard stories of people having issues with different compressors and lockers arn't in my future atm so thats why I was considering getting a powerplant first and then maybe adding onboard air for lockers later on.

So many options :thinking:

I figured as much I have just heard stories of people having issues with different compressors and lockers arn't in my future atm so thats why I was considering getting a powerplant first and then maybe adding onboard air for lockers later on.

So many options :thinking:

the powerplant is cool and fills up the tires quick. i used Don's (Mcpuck) when he came out last time. the air hoses at rausch were not filling up my tires for some reason. the thing is a champ and works great. his single small ARB worked well BUT took forever for his 37's to fill. im hoping the twin will be ten tims better. if not i will have my guy add a air tank to help.

the powerplant is cool and fills up the tires quick. i used Don's (Mcpuck) when he came out last time. the air hoses at rausch were not filling up my tires for some reason. the thing is a champ and works great. his single small ARB worked well BUT took forever for his 37's to fill. im hoping the twin will be ten tims better. if not i will have my guy add a air tank to help.

I was thinking maybe a high output like the arb twin with a tank would be good.

I figure i researched my tires for over a year and love them so I'll start now with stuff I am still undecided on like winches and air.

Oh and I am pretty sure I saw on their facebook that Rausch has a new compressor at the office.

Top Bottom