The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

Sounds good! :thumb:

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

I actually don't have gussets yet, my welder buddy is nervous about putting that much heat around the ball joints and hes worried that doing a little bit at a time and then letting the metal cool could be dangerous for the metal as well.

I actually don't have gussets yet, my welder buddy is nervous about putting that much heat around the ball joints and hes worried that doing a little bit at a time and then letting the metal cool could be dangerous for the metal as well.

EVO recommends in the instructions to remove the ball joints when welding the gussets on. I had my guy leave them in because A. I'm cheap and didn't want to pay for the extra work and B. Because I know I will put aftermarket ball joints in at some point soon anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

yeah to pull the joints out would take a good while.

Yea it would but he said if he was trashing the OEM ones for aftermarket he wouldn't even use a puller. Just heat up the knuckle a little with a torch so he can tap them out really easy.

Sent from my iPhone

if i change my ball joints before i switch to a pro rock then i will do gussets at that point. Then again I may not even go with a pro rock, guess we'll see what happens.

if i change my ball joints before i switch to a pro rock then i will do gussets at that point. Then again I may not even go with a pro rock, guess we'll see what happens.

I would still do the gussets if I were you. It's a good insurance policy from having to spend more money due to the C being bent from wheeling and driving. That's the way I looked at it. $60 now for gussets or a few hundred later for a new C with ball joints and the gussets on top of that. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone

gussets are deff worth it, I welded my set on myself (teraflex :shock:) which had to be grinded on a little to actually fit, but was an easy install that only took time since I had to let it cool and work slow to not trash the stock joints.....and they are still good. I planned to replace them anyway at a later date, esp since ill prolly need them sooner with the 37s, but yeah like steve said deff worth the $60 or whatever they are.

Someday when I'm a big boy I'll buy a D44, gussets all around, and regear to move up to 35s. For now...I just beat the shit outa the stock D30 and 3.21s lmfao I hate being a broke Airman :doh:

:cheesy: Haha get outa here with that common sense shit :icon_crazy:

For real though truer words have never been spoken.

Maybe I'm just blind... but Coz, are you still on the stock DS?

Your not blind at all! Yes I am still on the stock ones. I have been keeping an eye on them after wheeling to make sure I didn't tear my boot. When I do I will have no choice but to get a new one. Till then I will save my money and roll with it

Sent from my iPhone

Your not blind at all! Yes I am still on the stock ones. I have been keeping an eye on them after wheeling to make sure I didn't tear my boot. When I do I will have no choice but to get a new one. Till then I will save my money and roll with it

Sent from my iPhone

I think that's kinda my plan. With the exception of snapping it in half, it appears you can run it for a little while before you have a dead jeep, so I think I will be careful and hang out with team low and slow for a while. Nothing wrong with the BSBC!! :rock:

I think that's kinda my plan. With the exception of snapping it in half, it appears you can run it for a little while before you have a dead jeep, so I think I will be careful and hang out with team low and slow for a while. Nothing wrong with the BSBC!! :rock:

i was never in that club lol i like to push my rig to its limits to know what it is fully capable of

Top Bottom