The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

I was thinking maybe a high output like the arb twin with a tank would be good.

I figure i researched my tires for over a year and love them so I'll start now with stuff I am still undecided on like winches and air.

Oh and I am pretty sure I saw on their facebook that Rausch has a new compressor at the office.

yea im hoping that the twin will be powerful enough as is and i dont need a tank but we will see.

honestly for how little we would use a winch i would suggest the quadratec q9000 like Jim lane and myself have. its cheap so it will not hurt your budget for a OBA.

yea i saw that they did it that was fittings tho that was my problem. my valve steam restricts it.

yea im hoping that the twin will be powerful enough as is and i dont need a tank but we will see.

honestly for how little we would use a winch i would suggest the quadratec q9000 like Jim lane and myself have. its cheap so it will not hurt your budget for a OBA.

yea i saw that they did it that was fittings tho that was my problem. my valve steam restricts it.

We'll see, I'm always rethinking stuff. I may just run without a winch for awile after I get my front bumper. But I need a little more armor and a tire carrier first anyway.

My his really isn't a mod but rather maintenance for my jeep. I pulled all of my carpets and washed them on my lunch break. Since it rained so much this summer the jeep was starting to smell mildewy so I figured some laundry detergent and some elbow grease would do the trick. Smells great, just waiting for them to finish drying as you see.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381866437.043322.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I got sick of drying my carpet so I pulled the front and back floor boards, but left the rear cargo area

Sent from my phone?

I got sick of drying my carpet so I pulled the front and back floor boards, but left the rear cargo area

Sent from my phone?

Ahh nice. Yea I have never pulled them fully till yesterday so it was cool to learn. Over the summer I left them in a just let them air dry/sun dry. I guess I learned my lesson

Sent from my iPhone

Ahh nice. Yea I have never pulled them fully till yesterday so it was cool to learn. Over the summer I left them in a just let them air dry/sun dry. I guess I learned my lesson

Sent from my iPhone

Any tricks as far as taking them off completely

Any tricks as far as taking them off completely

Well I found out that the front driver and passenger carpet section are not precut to remove them from under the front mounting point of the seat closest to the door. So since it was a very small section I made a small tear In the carpet so it made it easier to slide out. I will see if I can take a pic later to show you what I'm talking about

Sent from my iPhone

Well I found out that the front driver and passenger carpet section are not precut to remove them from under the front mounting point of the seat closest to the door. So since it was a very small section I made a small tear In the carpet so it made it easier to slide out. I will see if I can take a pic later to show you what I'm talking about

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you, :)

Airing out works great in the summer but here in MD we have this bad habbit of having a nice warm week and then a rain storm then 60 degree weather for a week........well when its that cold and not sunny the carpet won't air out, especially when its that cold and i put the doors back on. :naw:

Well white Santa (USPS) brought my Ruggid Ridge Switch pod today!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382126191.267414.jpg

Then shortly after brown Santa brought by my ARB twin air compressor and the new MORE under the hood mount.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382126352.930191.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382126361.326315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Awesome! I'm tempted to save and get a sPOD and toss my current switch set up on my lower dash. We shall see.

Awesome! I'm tempted to save and get a sPOD and toss my current switch set up on my lower dash. We shall see.

There are a few reasons why I didn't get a spod......
1. Wayyy to much money
2. I don't plan on running that many switches. F/r locker, air compressor, and maybe a light bar at some point.
C. No plan on running a cage either so the A pillar mount will not be on the way.

Sent from my iPhone

well just ordered new front lower control arms for Knuckles. i will have these on in a few weeks i think when i can find time to install or have my installer help me do it. Ordered the Rock Krawler high clearence adjustable arms mainly because of there "abuse proof lifetime warrenty" and i have heard good things about them from a few of the other forum members

Well white Santa (USPS) brought my Ruggid Ridge Switch pod today!
View attachment 53230

Then shortly after brown Santa brought by my ARB twin air compressor and the new MORE under the hood mount.

View attachment 53231
View attachment 53232

Sent from my iPhone

Hey brotha what's the MORE under the hood mount for and where you installing the twin air compressor at I have the same exact one but not sure where to install it I was thinking in the way back on top of the wheel well

Your Jeep is turning into a beast!

Did you sell.your rims/tires? I thought I saw them for sale.

Thanks BAM!

No I did not. After talking to the gf and a few other guys on here that gears/lockers, control arms, and a few other things were more important at the moment. Slabs or some other beadlock will be a future purchase.

Sent from my iPhone

Hey brotha what's the MORE under the hood mount for and where you installing the twin air compressor at I have the same exact one but not sure where to install it I was thinking in the way back on top of the wheel well

The MORE under the hood mount is for the twin air compressor. Basically it will sit in the same location as the single compressor does just mounted up a little differently.

Sent from my iPhone

The joy of taking longer to build is I can look at allthe cool stuff guys like you and Jim have done and decide which ones I like best and the more I look st your jeep the more I like that OR Fab tire carrier :yup:

Sent from my phone?

Top Bottom