The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

The joy of taking longer to build is I can look at allthe cool stuff guys like you and Jim have done and decide which ones I like best and the more I look st your jeep the more I like that OR Fab tire carrier :yup:

Sent from my phone?

haha thanks zach! its a solid set up. i was torn between the genright carrier jim has and the or-fab i have now. it came down i didnt want mine to look to much like Jim's so i went the or-fab route. both are a very solid set up! just comes down to what looks better to you.

Thanks BAM!

No I did not. After talking to the gf and a few other guys on here that gears/lockers, control arms, and a few other things were more important at the moment. Slabs or some other beadlock will be a future purchase.

Sent from my iPhone

Good call...Don't replace what you have already replaced!

Gears, Axles, Lockers will be a nice addition to your Jeep!

i should have done this yesterday when i ordered my front lower control arms but oh well, ordered my Rock Krawler rear uppers today.

Also going to measure how much lift i actually have at somepoint this week since the teraflex springs tend to yeild more lift. the reason is because i may end up doing the drag link flip if end up having 3+". trying to fix my steering a little for now and pre-planing a little now for getting the enforcer kit or even the long arm kit down the road

i should have done this yesterday when i ordered my front lower control arms but oh well, ordered my Rock Krawler rear uppers today.

Also going to measure how much lift i actually have at somepoint this week since the teraflex springs tend to yeild more lift. the reason is because i may end up doing the drag link flip if end up having 3+". trying to fix my steering a little for now and pre-planing a little now for getting the enforcer kit or even the long arm kit down the road

You won't new the enforcer if you ordered lower control arms. Just get the plush ride coils.

Hey brotha can you post pics of the twin air comp. during install and after I didn't know it fits under the hood I'm going to do the same then sorry but I'm going to copy you ;) thanks brotha

You won't new the enforcer if you ordered lower control arms. Just get the plush ride coils.

:doh: very true thanks adam!

Hey brotha can you post pics of the twin air comp. during install and after I didn't know it fits under the hood I'm going to do the same then sorry but I'm going to copy you ;) thanks brotha

of course! i will take pics of the mock up tonight when i get home. the hard part looks to be the install of the MORE mount as some drilling is required.

haha thanks zach! its a solid set up. i was torn between the genright carrier jim has and the or-fab i have now. it came down i didnt want mine to look to much like Jim's so i went the or-fab route. both are a very solid set up! just comes down to what looks better to you.

I still really pike the LoD rear too though. The trail rack and rotopax mounts are what really grab my attention since i have a 2 door and almost zero cargo room. But them again you know what thats like and your carrier holds 2 2 gallon pax right?

Sent from my phone?

They are 3 gallon cans! But yea lack of cargo can be a pain. I have a hitch rack that I have only used once that works well for when you have passengers and need the little extra cargo room. Just bungee down the stuff and your good to go

Sent from my iPhone

Here is a mock up pic of what the twin air compressor on the MORE mount in the engine bay.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382563858.936689.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382563872.740007.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

How do you get to the brake reservoir?

My mock up was rough obviously but it looks like when everything is bolted up I will still have plenty of access to it. I could have the compressor facing the wrong way to in the mock up meaning I would still have room to access it

Sent from my iPhone

My mock up was rough obviously but it looks like when everything is bolted up I will still have plenty of access to it. I could have the compressor facing the wrong way to in the mock up meaning I would still have room to access it

Sent from my iPhone

Just curious. I've seen some mounts where it's hard to get to the reservoir.

Just curious. I've seen some mounts where it's hard to get to the reservoir.

Understandable. There is a cut out in the mount so it fits around the reservoir so it doesn't interfere. It's the compressor that looks like it would make it difficult

Sent from my iPhone

I will get a pic of just the mount in the location later this week for you Adam

Sent from my iPhone

No worries. I'm not planning to run that compressor anytime soon or even in that location. Just wondering if it interfered.

Ok I will still do it for you either way :) try to give you (and other inquiring minds) an idea of how it sits in that spot

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Brotha it looks good cant wait to see it done I'm going to order that mount where did you order it from?

They are 3 gallon cans! But yea lack of cargo can be a pain. I have a hitch rack that I have only used once that works well for when you have passengers and need the little extra cargo room. Just bungee down the stuff and your good to go

Sent from my iPhone

Ob 3 gallon cans really? Hmm kinda tempting.

I have thought about getting a hitch rack.

Sent from my phone?

Thanks Brotha it looks good cant wait to see it done I'm going to order that mount where did you order it from?

Northridge had the compressor and the mount for the cheapest price. Plus when I ordered it they were still running the "shark tank" promo code so I saves about $120. Otherwise I prob would have gotten it off of amazon

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom