The build of Big Red (Knuckles)

Hmmm so I should be good then on my heat cycles since I have done about ten of them lol. I guess I can do longer trips now but still easy as hell on the peddle. Nice! I plan on trailering my jet ski so I'm doin the full 500 like you.

Thank you BTW.

Your welcome. :beer:

My shop that did my gears said 3 15-20 minute periods of driving then let the diffs cool down all the way between each session then do the mileage but still don't drive aggressively. I did get a little more lead foot once or twice after the heat treat but I sure didn't want to mess them up! So far I haven't had any issues. I used NAPA gear oil for the first change. After that I put Lucas synthetic since I drive to the trails then wheel hard then drive back. I have about 10k miles on the gears now and the oil still looks golden when I check the levels.

Your welcome. :beer:

My shop that did my gears said 3 15-20 minute periods of driving then let the diffs cool down all the way between each session then do the mileage but still don't drive aggressively. I did get a little more lead foot once or twice after the heat treat but I sure didn't want to mess them up! So far I haven't had any issues. I used NAPA gear oil for the first change. After that I put Lucas synthetic since I drive to the trails then wheel hard then drive back. I have about 10k miles on the gears now and the oil still looks golden when I check the levels.

Yea mine said 5 heat cycles 15-20 miles for each one. I guess I'm good to go now for longer drives but easy on the peddle like you said.

Thank you for chiming in on this. Makes me feel better about driving farther then 20 miles now to help get these miles under my belt

Sent from my iPhone

Holiday spirit is nice but I think u can chopped off your jeep's balls with the ribbon and all.. :eek:

But it does look nice :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holiday spirit is nice but I think u can chopped off your jeep's balls with the ribbon and all.. :eek:

But it does look nice :thumbup:

Lol I liked the ribbon cause it adds a little more color so it stands out

Sent from my iPhone

I'm with you!! Happy holidays. Globex is going to make my holidays happy this week and next!

Love the build. I love my 5.13's too! Best mod you can do IMO

I like the look of the rear, no bumper and orfab carrier. I just took my stock bumper off and dig it more already. Thinking about the d ring mounts but I want to see if cops get bothered by it. I can see them arguing rocks flying up easier and something about my tire is almost all exposed lol.

What are your next mods?

Love the build. I love my 5.13's too! Best mod you can do IMO

I like the look of the rear, no bumper and orfab carrier. I just took my stock bumper off and dig it more already. Thinking about the d ring mounts but I want to see if cops get bothered by it. I can see them arguing rocks flying up easier and something about my tire is almost all exposed lol.

What are your next mods?

Thanks man. Yes the 5.13 are amazing and prob the best mod so far. I haven't had any problems with them so far. If I ever get crap for it I will get some mud flaps like Eddie has for Moby and rubicat.

Currently no plans for any new mods. The gears and air locker really hurt the bank. Prob just small stuff like a fire extinguisher

Sent from my iPhone

Good luck not doing any more mods!!!
Ha ha

Haha yea It will be hard but I need to stop for a while. Got a few things (like getting my own place) that I need to save my money for so it will be little additions for a good while

Sent from my iPhone

I gotcha....gotta step back from jeep stuff every once in a while and realize life's priorities!

Top Bottom