TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

I deleted my post because my opinion of Eddie is not conducive to the thread. I was asking a question and Eddie chose to provoke me. I'm just here for good info and not overly concerned with what you or Eddie thinks of me. Back on track, Eddie did answer the question I had. I just have stock fenders like others and only looked at others because I have heard trimmed stock ones can flutter, but I'm sure that has everything to do with how they are chopped.

Seems like you were concerned enough to call me an "asshole". :D

Regarding your question, it's funny how factory fenders won't flutter depending on how they are chopped. Kinda like how a factory tire carrier won't have any problems carrying a 35" spare so long as you make sure to keep it from jiggling around by installing a set of cheap extended isolators. Being that you love your $700 TeraFlex tire carrier so much, you really should spend another $620 for a set of MCE's. Unlike factory fenders that have snap tabs that will tear off when hit hard enough, the MCE's are bolted on to the body and won't. Of course, any damage that someone might sustain would most likely be install error. :crazyeyes:

Seems like you were concerned enough to call me an "asshole". :D

Regarding your question, it's funny how factory fenders won't flutter depending on how they are chopped. Kinda like how a factory tire carrier won't have any problems carrying a 35" spare so long as you make sure to keep it from jiggling around by installing a set of cheap extended isolators. Being that you love your $700 TeraFlex tire carrier so much, you really should spend another $620 for a set of MCE's. Unlike factory fenders that have snap tabs that will tear off when hit hard enough, the MCE's are bolted on to the body and won't. Of course, any damage that someone might sustain would most likely be install error. :crazyeyes:

I see what you did there and I do like my TF carrier and have had zero problems, but I did get the updated carrier because of this site and appreciate the info provided to lead to an updated version. When I purchased the tire carrier I had heard it would rip off the tailgate so I went with the lightest best solution I could find at the time. And it may be expensive but does what I need it to do. Back to the fenders, I assume all aftermarket ones have an issue of some sort. I would think people would look for aftermarket ones over chopped just in case they need to sell their Jeep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you live in a state where fender width is an issue, the Bushwackers are a great way to go. Being that they are factory fender width, they will still cover your tires well and give you the clearance you need for bigger tires. I was very happy with the ones I had.

Are the MCE ones factory width?

I see what you did there and I do like my TF carrier and have had zero problems, but I did get the updated carrier because of this site and appreciate the info provided to lead to an updated version.

Oh please, you can at least try to be honest and include the fact that you DID NOT get the updated carrier for almost a YEAR after you were aware that it was available. You argued tooth and nail how awesome it was and how the only way it could break is if someone installed it wrong. It was only until recently when I started to say how much you sucked for not making this update that you finally made the call. :naw:

When I purchased the tire carrier I had heard it would rip off the tailgate so I went with the lightest best solution I could find at the time.

Funny, you "heard" how the factory tire carrier would rip off the tailgate and so you decided to spend upwards of $700 for a solution that I have shown PROOF of IT breaking. Of course, instead of seeing things for what they really were, you chose to argue how great your TeraFlex tire carrier is and how the break was caused by install error and had so much faith in it that you never bothered to request an update the manufacturer made until recently. You my friend are a joke.

And it may be expensive but does what I need it to do.

Like I said, you like to spend money on things you don't really need and so you should just buy the MCE's too. They're expensive but will probably do what you need them to do too.

Back to the fenders, I assume all aftermarket ones have an issue of some sort. I would think people would look for aftermarket ones over chopped just in case they need to sell their Jeep.

Oh, you mean because it's somehow so hard to track down a set of find factory fenders? :rolleyes2: I have 3 sets in my garage - I just pick them up whenever someone's trying to clean out their garage. Also, last I checked, you can buy them new for about $45 each. But, you're more than welcome to do what you always do and ASSUME :naw:

Are the MCE ones factory width?

You know that thing you're typing on? If you use it, you can find their website and it has all kinds of information regarding their fenders.

Oh please, you can at least try to be honest and include the fact that you DID NOT get the updated carrier for almost a YEAR after you were aware that it was available. You argued tooth and nail how awesome it was and how the only way it could break is if someone installed it wrong. It was only until recently when I started to say how much you sucked for not making this update that you finally made the call. :naw:

Funny, you "heard" how the factory tire carrier would rip off the tailgate and so you decided to spend upwards of $700 for a solution that I have shown PROOF of IT breaking. Of course, instead of seeing things for what they really were, you chose to argue how great your TeraFlex tire carrier is and how the break was caused by install error and had so much faith in it that you never bothered to request an update the manufacturer made until recently. You my friend are a joke.

Like I said, you like to spend money on things you don't really need and so you should just buy the MCE's too. They're expensive but will probably do what you need them to do too.

Oh, you mean because it's somehow so hard to track down a set of find factory fenders? :rolleyes2: I have 3 sets in my garage - I just pick them up whenever someone's trying to clean out their garage. Also, last I checked, you can buy them new for about $45 each. But, you're more than welcome to do what you always do and ASSUME :naw:

I had the tire carrier before I ever saw a thread about it breaking so once again you have your facts twisted. And I didn't follow that thread for almost 5 months because I wasn't having issues with mine. We all spend money on stuff we don't need so don't act like you don't. I'm done arguing with you about stuff.

Which fenders are better for the price

I highly doubt that.

If Eddie would just let stuff go. I have never started one incident. Not once. I have asked numerous questions and Eddie still finds the need to provoke me. I have asked questions only because I would like answers from people who know more about Jeeps than me. My opinions of Eddie don't mean that I can't still learn from his experience. Everything goes back to the tire carrier.

Is it time for another meaningless poll? :idontknow:

Well we have proven if the person that said poll is created for lacks integrity, doesn't really want to be a "man" of their word, or finds a loophole or gets a PM or two saying they were wanted here, well then no need for another meaningless poll.

I had the tire carrier before I ever saw a thread about it breaking so once again you have your facts twisted. And I didn't follow that thread for almost 5 months because I wasn't having issues with mine.

:sigh:

FACT: Your very first post on the TeraFlex tire carrier BREAK thread was on 02/23/13 and you even said that you hoped "TF will provide a solution to everyone who has bought the adjustable mount."
FACT: You came on 02/25/13 to blame the person who installed the tire carrier for the break and that "common sense" would have prevented it from happening. You further went on to say that you wouldn't "hold TF responsible if you install wrong".
FACT: You later came on the same day to say how you were defending TeraFlex because you "hate a product gets bashed for being crap when thousands have had no problem."
FACT: TeraFlex made a new reinforced bracket to address the breaks they've been having and I posted up pics of it on 02/26/13 at 8:28 AM
FACT: You posted on the thread on 02/26/13 at 10:56 AM and severable times afterwards and on through March.
FACT: I could go on and on. The FACT of the matter is that it is YOU who is trying to twist the facts. You knew full well what was going on and that a solution had come out but all you were concerned with was defending your beloved tire carrier and blaming others for the break.

We all spend money on stuff we don't need so don't act like you don't.

Funny, I never said that you shouldn't - if anything, I've been telling you to do just that and spend another $620 if for no other reason than the fact that we're talking about you here.

I'm done arguing with you about stuff.

Well, sucks to be you because I'm not and I will keep on getting in your face about it every time you're here. :yup:

If you want to get in my face about it that's on you. I just am done engaging your comments from this point forward.

If you want to get in my face about it that's on you. I just am done engaging your comments from this point forward.

Cool! You might as well just get used to making all your posts on this thread then because that's where I'll be taking them. :yup:

Of course, you could always man up and just admit that you were WRONG to blame others for their tire carrier break or to suggest that common sense would have prevented it. A little humility can go a long way but, I somehow suspect that you're incapable of it.

Cool! You might as well just get used to making all your posts on this thread then because that's where I'll be taking them. :yup:

Perfect because I won't be checking this thread because my updated TF carrier works great.

Perfect because I won't be checking this thread because my updated TF carrier works great.

Never said you had a choice in the matter. If you make ANY posts from here on out, this is where they'll end up. :yup:

Is it time for another meaningless poll? :idontknow:

how about a poll about polls then we can have a poll on that poll :cheesy: pollception!!!! :munching: and this is better then TV!!!! and someone give overlander a hug for me today and tell him he is a good guy!

Top Bottom