TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

This was my experience. The guy I talked to said we need you to either destroy the product or send it back to us because we don't want the old one to be sold or used somewhere else. My has been sent and will be here Thursday and then I will just send them pics that I destroyed my old version. They have a CC on file from me so if I can't prove it is destroyed or returned they will charge my CC. I will report back once I get the new version installed. So far they have handled this situation very satisfactorily for me.

Wholly crap! They wont do a recall, but they will go to this extent when a customer inquires. Wow.....just WOW.

I'm only commenting on what TF has done for me in this situation and helping others that have the tire carrier hear my experience. So far all I can comment on is what they have done for me and that's all I have ever done. Not once did I say TF was a great company and this is the best tire carrier on the market. I have only said my experience and what I thought based on how mine was mounted. If you want to put words in my mouth that I didn't say that's fine. My tire carrier did what it was supposed to do which is carry a tire for over a year with no issues. That's all. That doesn't make me a fanboy.

:cheesy: Spoken like a true fanboy. You've never been interested in helping others, just to be as vocal as you can be about how you love your tire carrier and even try to blame the break on install error. Oh, you still think I'm putting words in your mouth, allow me to quote you from as far back as 02/23/13:

I run this tire carrier with my 35's and the adjustable mount. Mine fit snuggly against the hinge and I have zero rattling and zero movement. I love the way this thing works for me...

...I have no worries at the moment and doubt I ever will.

Here's you insinuating that the first break was caused by install error:
I placed mine against the hinges because of common sense...

...I also don't hold TF responsible if I install wrong... I personally feel for 35's which is the most I will run for awhile this is a great set-up if installed properly.

Here's you being a fanboy even back then...

...I just hate a product gets bashed for being crap when thousands have had no problem.

The same was said about Firestone tires and them blowing out on Ford Explorers. Of course, in reality, it only takes ONE to kill someone.

Just because you don't like to wear it doesn't mean the fanboy shoe doesn't fit.

DallasJKU in case you have figured it out in that pea brain of yours, you are fighting a losing battle. There's the door get out and don't let it hit you on the way out... Dumbass

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Wholly crap! They wont do a recall, but they will go to this extent when a customer inquires. Wow.....just WOW.

Exactly! How this hasn't been recalled is beyond me. I don't see TF talking about it at all and I think it's safe to say that if I hadn't seen this thread, I would have never known there was ever an issue.... and really, that's probably what TF is hoping. Maybe they think if they don't publicly acknowledge the defect, they won't be held liable:screwy: the whole proof of destruction bit proves just how serious the defect is. I'm not even gonna comment on how retarded Mr Dallas is...

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I can't believe after all this time people are still standing up for Teraflex. Blaming installer error, abuse, etc to defend their products. After multiple reports of broken long arm frame side mount brackets, snapped "monster" track bars, and broken tire carriers you'd think that'd be enough evidence.

The same was said about Firestone tires and them blowing out on Ford Explorers. Of course, in reality, it only takes ONE to kill someone.

Just because you don't like to wear it doesn't mean the fanboy shoe doesn't fit.

Hey hey hey now.... I had those tires on my Ranger and I resent that. I think that was 100% due to improper install.

As in those should have never been installed on any vehicle period hahahaha.

Hey hey hey now.... I had those tires on my Ranger and I resent that. I think that was 100% due to improper install.

As in those should have never been installed on any vehicle period hahahaha.

When I worked for that company for a brief period I was that asshole that brought that situation up in training. I got "improper pressure rating for the weight of the vehicle" (on that sticker in door jam) and of course lack of maintenance. No real blame passed per-say. I do see a lot of under inflated tires on the roads. Sometimes it's me being lazy coming home from the trails real slow haha.

None of the above. The Poison Spider fenders are about the nicest looking steel tube fender you can get but, I have seen them take a hard hit and do well BUT, ended up transferring the energy to the body and do considerable damage. I have run the Bushwackers and they are about the most factory set of flat fenders you can get but for the money, I personally would just trim your factory fenders. The later is FREE and will fold, bend and tear off well before they do any body damage. EVO has the MCE's installed on their JK and while the quality of them look nice, they are crazy expensive for what you can have for free with trimmed fenders. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Since you have seen the MCE and currently have trimmed ones, can you give an opinion about how either do driving at highway speeds? Any issue with fluttering?

Since you have seen the MCE and currently have trimmed ones, can you give an opinion about how either do driving at highway speeds? Any issue with fluttering?

:cheesy: Are you really still here? Have you no shame?? :cheesy:
Allow me to answer this question specifically for you - You love spending a lot of money on things you don't really need so why not just spend another $620 on a set of MCE feners as well and be happy with it. :thumb:

What fenders do you run on Moby Dick?

To put this into perspective, I am in a position to buy whatever flares I want and still just run trimmed factory fenders. Over the last 7+ years, I have found no other fender to do what they can do and the best part is that they're FREE.

:cheesy: Are you really still here? Have you no shame?? :cheesy:
Allow me to answer this question specifically for you - You love spending a lot of money on things you don't really need so why not just spend another $620 on a set of MCE feners as well and be happy with it. :thumb:

To put this into perspective, I am in a position to buy whatever flares I want and still just run trimmed factory fenders. Over the last 7+ years, I have found no other fender to do what they can do and the best part is that they're FREE.

Good to see you are still an asshole! Just asking a question others may have.

:thankyou: and it's good to see you still have no life :crazyeyes:

And I answered it for you. :yup:

Wow name calling? That's immature.

Dallas JKU thanks for being a productive member of the Wayalife community. (Not)

Why ARE you still here? :thinking:

Wow name calling? That's immature.

Dallas JKU thanks for being a productive member of the Wayalife community. (Not)

Why ARE you still here? :thinking:

He deleted his post. Just to bad he was already quoted so people can see he is a tool. :cheesy:

DallasJKU: Ask JLE21 if he's had any shaking with his fenders. He's got them as well and could help you out.

:sigh: to answer the question, MCE's do not flutter but, for $620, I would hope that they didn't. THAT BEING SAID, depending on how you trim your factory fenders, they WON'T flutter either. If you have them trimmed like I've had mine for years, yeah, they will flutter a bit but not enough for me to care. If it's really such a concern, you can glue them to the substructure - I have seen it done and it works great.

He deleted his post. Just to bad he was already quoted so people can see he is a tool. :cheesy:

I deleted my post because my opinion of Eddie is not conducive to the thread. I was asking a question and Eddie chose to provoke me. I'm just here for good info and not overly concerned with what you or Eddie thinks of me. Back on track, Eddie did answer the question I had. I just have stock fenders like others and only looked at others because I have heard trimmed stock ones can flutter, but I'm sure that has everything to do with how they are chopped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom