TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

Cost of shipping maybe? Not sure if what I said was correct just kinda how I took it.

Not arguing that it could look that way, just that it makes no sense. Again, why would they even care if it is "too easy for people to get a free" tire mount that will ONLY work with their tire carrier system?

Not arguing that it could look that way, just that it makes no sense. Again, why would they even care if it is "too easy for people to get a free" tire mount that will ONLY work with their tire carrier system?

The mount can be used without the hinge.

The mount can be used without the hinge.

But that's not what gets replaced. The only thing you get is the part that the adjustable secondary piece that tire bolts up to. It is useless without the part that bolts up to the tailgate :naw:

I don't think they meant wait till it breaks. Seems like they want you to destroy it so it doesn't go to someone else. Then they will send a replacement. Maybe?

This was my experience. The guy I talked to said we need you to either destroy the product or send it back to us because we don't want the old one to be sold or used somewhere else. My has been sent and will be here Thursday and then I will just send them pics that I destroyed my old version. They have a CC on file from me so if I can't prove it is destroyed or returned they will charge my CC. I will report back once I get the new version installed. So far they have handled this situation very satisfactorily for me.

But that's not what gets replaced. The only thing you get is the part that the adjustable secondary piece that tire bolts up to. It is useless without the part that bolts up to the tailgate :naw:

They are sending me both pieces I believe. They said they have made changes to both. I won't know the difference between both pieces until I receive on Thursday.

Wouldn't it be easy to have them send a prepaid label so they can get the bad unit and then ship out the "good" one on their dime to prevent people getting "one for free.":crazyeyes:

They don't want that junk back!!!! LOL! Let alone pay to have that junk sent to them.... LOL!

This was my experience. The guy I talked to said we need you to either destroy the product or send it back to us because we don't want the old one to be sold or used somewhere else. My has been sent and will be here Thursday and then I will just send them pics that I destroyed my old version. They have a CC on file from me so if I can't prove it is destroyed or returned they will charge my CC. I will report back once I get the new version installed. So far they have handled this situation very satisfactorily for me.

:cheesy: Seriously? You're still here?? Whatever happened to you being so insistent about your mount being installed correctly with no movement and how you were so sure it was never going to break? :naw:

Rayz said:
they should probably recall all of them and repair/replace at no charge

They should but, only a company with integrity would do that.

:cheesy: Seriously? You're still here?? Whatever happened to you being so insistent about your mount being installed correctly with no movement and how you were so sure it was never going to break? :naw:

They should but, only a company with integrity would do that.

Mine is mounted correctly and probably never would break, but when I heard from y'all they were replacing them for free I figured I would replace it. If there was a chance of failure and they had a fix for it then I would replace it.

Mine is mounted correctly and probably never would break, but when I heard from y'all they were replacing them for free I figured I would replace it. If there was a chance of failure and they had a fix for it then I would replace it.

You're so full of it!! We'all said they were replacing them for free ALMOST A YEAR AGO and yet, you kept on arguing and arguing about how yours was installed correctly and how there was no movement and you still are going on and on about how it'll probably never break. Even after I started to tell you how much you sucked as a person a couple of weeks back for having still not replaced it, you still argued about it. You've literally been the ultimate TeraFlex fanboy who's defended them to the bitter end and now, you're really trying to suggest that you just "heard" that they were replacing the brackets for free and that you "figured" you would replace it? You my friend are amazing. :naw:

You're so full of it!! We'all said they were replacing them for free ALMOST A YEAR AGO and yet, you kept on arguing and arguing about how yours was installed correctly and how there was no movement and you still are going on and on about how it'll probably never break. Even after I started to tell you how much you sucked as a person a couple of weeks back for having still not replaced it, you still argued about it. You've literally been the ultimate TeraFlex fanboy who's defended them to the bitter end and now, you're really trying to suggest that you just "heard" that they were replacing the brackets for free and that you "figured" you would replace it? You my friend are amazing. :naw:

I still don't think it will break but it might so I replaced it. I don't really care if you approve of my decisions or not.

I still don't think it will break but it might so I replaced it. I don't really care if you approve of my decisions or not.

Being that you've known about this problem for a year now and only now have decided to replace it, I think it's pretty clear that you don't really care about anyone or their safety. All you care about is yourself and how much faith you have in the things you choose to buy. I will have to say though, for everyone else's sake, I'm glad that you are FINALLY doing this.

Being that you've known about this problem for a year now and only now have decided to replace it, I think it's pretty clear that you don't really care about anyone or their safety. All you care about is yourself and how much faith you have in the things you choose to buy. I will have to say though, for everyone else's sake, I'm glad that you are FINALLY doing this.

I'm only commenting on what TF has done for me in this situation and helping others that have the tire carrier hear my experience. So far all I can comment on is what they have done for me and that's all I have ever done. Not once did I say TF was a great company and this is the best tire carrier on the market. I have only said my experience and what I thought based on how mine was mounted. If you want to put words in my mouth that I didn't say that's fine. My tire carrier did what it was supposed to do which is carry a tire for over a year with no issues. That's all. That doesn't make me a fanboy.

Top Bottom