TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

Are you challenging the integrity of a desert warrior? :crazyeyes: You better watch out. :cheesy:

Who, me? :idontknow:

From my experience with this tire carrier it's been a pain in the butt getting it just right but I have had no problems with it since

Never said that it would self-destruct upon installation. I simply just shared what I had seen and wanted to make sure that others with this tire carrier knew to keep an eye on things, just in case.

I thought that is what Ed would say... :yup:

:cheesy: In response to the EDIT you made to your post, of course you did. Just like how you already "figured some flames were comin" when you decided to innocently make this your very first post on this forum. ;)

Ouch, that hurt. And my wife and I even bought wayolife shirts from you guys!!

Gotta make a first post somehow...one way or another I figured some flames were comin'. I thought that is what Ed would say... :yup:

I noticed you edited to call him Ed. Do you own a willy's?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372813780.431666.jpg

:cheesy: In response to the EDIT you made to your post, of course you did. Just like how you already "figured some flames were comin" when you decided to innocently make this your very first post on this forum. ;)

Am I in a Twilight Zone episode or something :idontknow:. I don't understand where is this coming from. Nice way to welcome new members Ed :shock:...seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta on this issue.

Still don't understand why making this my first post is such a problem for you when you can clearly see that I registered almost a month ago.

Am I in a Twilight Zone episode or something :idontknow:. I don't understand where is this coming from.

Ummm, you're the one that said you "figured some flames were comin" and that you "thought that is what Ed would say". :idontknow:

Nice way to welcome new members Ed :shock:...seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta on this issue.

Just calling it like I see it. If believing I have some kind of personal vendetta helps you to sleep better at night, you can keep on believing just that.

Still don't understand why making this my first post is such a problem for you when you can clearly see that I registered almost a month ago.

Never said anything about when you registered, just that you chose to dig up a crusty thread and make your very first post on it with the anticipation that "some flames were comin" and with an idea of "what Ed would say". What's there to understand. :idontknow:

Ummm, you're the one that said you "figured some flames were comin" and that you "thought that is what Ed would say". :idontknow:

Just calling it like I see it. If believing I have some kind of personal vendetta helps you to sleep better at night, you can keep on believing just that.

Never said anything about when you registered, just that you chose to dig up a crusty thread and make your very first post on it with the anticipation that "some flames were comin" and with an idea of "what Ed would say". What's there to understand. :idontknow:

After I saw your reponse and a some of the others...absolutely, how could anyone not see the flames coming. How is a thread where the last post was on 6/10 a crusty old thread?

I really don't care about the vendor of this carrier or any other but I guess if it isn't a sticker on your Jeep or a logo on your sig it's junk right... ;)

After I saw your reponse and a some of the others...absolutely, how could anyone not see the flames coming.

You're the one who said that you "didn't understand where is this coming from." :idontknow:

How is a thread where the last post was on 6/10 a crusty old thread?

You're absolutely right, a post made almost a month ago would probably have only been listed on page 100 or so on this sub-forum and would have would have been something any new member could have stumbled upon. How silly of me. :doh:

I really don't care about the vendor of this carrier or any other...

Of course you don't. That's why you went through the trouble to dig up a thread that hadn't been posted on in almost a month just to make this your very first post on it.

...but I guess if it isn't a sticker on your Jeep or a logo on your sig it's junk right... ;)

Clearly, that's what you choose to believe.

Just to update this thread for those who are considering or already have the carrier, Teraflex is now including gussets on the tube side attached to the tailgate and on the inside of the tube attached to the tire. I have the Teraflex carrier which includes both. Doug Henderson at Teraflex was helpful for me on this concern.

I don't have any skin in the game other than wanting to provide updated facts on this issue.

Do you have any pics?

Top Bottom