TeraFlex Hinged Tire Carrier Break

Because if it does break, someone can get hurt really bad. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that others don't too. There have been multiple breaks that have been recorded now and it is a very real problem.

Is it true the problem is always with the center hub section, and not the hinge?

Any point no matter how well founded loses credibility with me in direct correlation with the amount of times the word fanboy is used to belittle the opposition.

Is it true the problem is always with the center hub section, and not the hinge?

To this day, I have yet to see a factory hinge fail for any reason. Unlike the TJ and YJ before it, the factory JK hinges are in fact, very strong.

Having said that, all the breaks are occurring on the adjustable tire mount and just behind the weld. You're probably better off just carrying your spare on your factory mount.

Any point no matter how well founded loses credibility with me in direct correlation with the amount of times the word fanboy is used to belittle the opposition.

It's a good thing I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Clearly, you can choose to believe whatever it is you want to believe. :yup:

Because if it does break, someone can get hurt really bad. Just because you don't care doesn't mean that others don't too. There have been multiple breaks that have been recorded now and it is a very real problem.

The mount is not going to spontaneously com-bust. As frequently as I open the tailgate, I look at that area purely because of this thread. I still say, if there is no vibration and everything is tight, this is a perfectly safe set up.

Last edited:

So you are a fanboy of not using the word fanboy? :thinking:

The mount is not going to spontaneously com-bust.

Here we go with the dramatics :drama: :naw:
While the mount may not "spontaneously combust", breaks can and often do occur suddenly and without notice. The one that started this thread occurred on a brand spankin new 2013 JK with new tire carrier and on its maiden voyage onto dirt. Of course, you can believe whatever it is you want to believe.

As frequently as I open the tailgate, I look at that area purely because of this thread.
Wonderful! If you actually took the time to read the very first post I made, you would have realized that was the only thing I was encouraging guys like you to do.

I still say, if there is no vibration and everything is tight, this is a perfectly safe set up.

So then, why bother checking this area as often as you do? :idontknow:

Don't worry, their fanboys too, just directed at other companies. . .

Now you've gone and done it - you've just lost credibility with the only other guy who might have agreed with you :grayno:

Yeah, if you would ask which company guys around here are the most fanatical about I wouldn't think Teraflex would be in the top picks.

Funny, it's okay for people you agree with to use the term fanboy and still have credibility but it's not okay for me. :thinking:

I know why is this thread still going? I'm going to get the new pro comp double china down suspension! Haha Get what you like or what you are a fan boy of!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know why is this thread still going? I'm going to get the new pro comp double china down suspension! Haha Get what you like or what you are a fan boy of!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's my bad :standing wave:. I just asked rtguy1 if he was still running his and the argument was renewed lol

Last edited:
Funny, it's okay for people you agree with to use the term fanboy and still have credibility but it's not okay for me. :thinking:

I never said I agreed with anyone. I haven't seen the break or how it broke. I've only seen one in person and never looked at the tire carrier as I have no interest in buying one. In fact I don't have any Teraflex gear on my rig.

I just don't see the necessity of degrading people because you disagree with them. Your opinion should be able to stand on your presentation of facts and what you conclude from them. The use of name calling makes your argument look weak as if you are afraid it isn't strong enough so you need to put down your opponent to make them look weaker. Therefore your argument in my eyes loses validity.

Ahhh, I'd like to believe you but because you used the word fanboy in that statement I just can't. :cheesy:

That's what I'm saying :crazyeyes: :D

That's my bad :standing wave:. I just asked rtguy1 if he was still running his and the argument was renewed lol

:cheesy: There's no argument going on here, just a few guys have a good time and couple who might be getting butthurt. :crazyeyes:

I haven't seen the break or how it broke.

But I have seen the break and unlike you, have a pretty good idea how it broke.

I've only seen one in person and never looked at the tire carrier as I have no interest in buying one. In fact I don't have any Teraflex gear on my rig.

So in effect, you're only purpose for chiming in on this thread at all is to self-righteously preach at others - nice :thumb:

I just don't see the necessity of degrading people because you disagree with them.

And I just don't see the necessity of you preaching at people just because you disagree with what they have to say.

Your opinion should be able to stand on your presentation of facts and what you conclude from them. The use of name calling makes your argument look weak as if you are afraid it isn't strong enough so you need to put down your opponent to make them look weaker. Therefore your argument in my eyes loses validity.

Since you seemed to have missed it, I really couldn't care less what you think. Clearly, you have already chosen to believe whatever it is you want to believe and really, that's fine by me. Now that we know where we all stand, why not find another street corner and go preach over there :yup:

Top Bottom