Rausch Creek Trip 12-14

was it bad wheeling or camping

It was great wheeling and the ice made the trails more challenging which I enjoyed.

The reason I went this weekend was because my son was here for the holiday weekend and he wanted to go and see what its all about (turns out he didn't like it that much).

The $$ is getting low and with the holidays coming its not a good idea.

I really need to check my flex once I get the new front shocks in, feel like im gonna rub bad with my current bump stops but not sure.

I really need to check my flex once I get the new front shocks in, feel like im gonna rub bad with my current bump stops but not sure.

Did you change your bump stops? They should be rated for the springs you had so the only way you would rub is if these gave you more lift. But everyone says the teraflex 2.5 springs give about 4 inches of lift. Same thing with the shocks. But with some of the stuff I hear about teraflex they could have just built the 2.5 kit terribly.

Did you change your bump stops? They should be rated for the springs you had so the only way you would rub is if these gave you more lift. But everyone says the teraflex 2.5 springs give about 4 inches of lift. Same thing with the shocks. But with some of the stuff I hear about teraflex they could have just built the 2.5 kit terribly.

he has the plush rides now and is getting about 3.5" out of the 3: spring. i told him to check if he hits full stuff first before he gets new stops. also my teraflex springs are yeilding me about 3-3.25". i think the 4" you heard was for on one with now aftermarket bumpers and stuff. but yea i think about 90% of the companies build kits mainly for 4 doors and dont take the weight difference from the 4 doors to 2 doors into consideration.

I validate what Steve says, 3, 3.25 is right and there's absolutely no issues with the 2.5 coil lift on my end, clear instructions, right length sway bar links an no cutting required on the rear trackbar bracket.
Next time Zach, I will let you take mine for a spin.

Not just the rub but will you over compress the shocks and springs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not just the rub but will you over compress the shocks and springs.

I think i should be good, just annoying since I dont know how big the tf bumps actually are since it doesnt say anywhere...i can just measure them i guess tho, well try to. I ordered new 3.5-6" shocks for the front since I only have about 3" of droop right now all around. Reards I need to stop being lazy and just install the rockstars.

Lol the cold tends to make me lazy. I need to put a heater in my garage.

Knew a guy that did a lift in his garage and couldnt get out once he put his tires back on. We had a good laugh over that one,lol.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

he has the plush rides now and is getting about 3.5" out of the 3: spring. i told him to check if he hits full stuff first before he gets new stops. also my teraflex springs are yeilding me about 3-3.25". i think the 4" you heard was for on one with now aftermarket bumpers and stuff. but yea i think about 90% of the companies build kits mainly for 4 doors and dont take the weight difference from the 4 doors to 2 doors into consideration.

Just did some measuring and front the top of my shock bushing to the middle of the lower moutin hole is 22.5 inches so that puts me at 4 inches of lift :thinking:

I think i should be good, just annoying since I dont know how big the tf bumps actually are since it doesnt say anywhere...i can just measure them i guess tho, well try to. I ordered new 3.5-6" shocks for the front since I only have about 3" of droop right now all around. Reards I need to stop being lazy and just install the rockstars.

The rock stars will help in the rear with droop for now atleast :thumb:

Sent from my phone?

With 3.5" of lift, flat fender flares and 35" tires he would need 2" of bumpstop. 37" tires would require 3" of bumpstop. That would yield about 4" of up travel, 2" bumpstop would then yield 5" of up travel. How much space do you have between your tire and fender would be the question

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Also, how much shock shaft do you have visible. If you have 6" visible- 5" of up travel should be about right

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just did some measuring and front the top of my shock bushing to the middle of the lower moutin hole is 22.5 inches so that puts me at 4 inches of lift :thinking:

Sent from my phone?

measure the coils from the axle mount to the bottom of the perch. stock is 9 3/8". i think i was just over 12"

Top Bottom