Rausch Creek Trip 12-14

Also, how much shock shaft do you have visible. If you have 6" visible- 5" of up travel should be about right

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

from what steve and I have measured. I am right about 3.5-3.75 of lift up front. I am still on the shocks from my teraflex 2.5" lift. Guys at northridge said I would be fine, but I feel they are too short now. I did order new fronts for 3.5-6" of lift since front and rear I only have about 3" of droop all around. Rockstar skids have been sitting for a while so thats why I only got new fronts. Cant remember how much shock shaft is showing however, but i feel its either 6 or 7" currently. I hope I am okay with the bumps I have. I do rub in the rear somewhere but only slightly as I only heard it once but I feel its more from the bushwacker flats than anything since they have a lot of extra plastic in the wheel wells.

Hopefully this all works out, just havnt had a chance to really test anything out tho. Just had me curious as to what you were saying about the bump stop sizes.

If your droop is only 3" the shocks are what is stopping you. If you add the rockstar skids you'll add 2" to your droop which should work out just about right for shock length. Just measure your bumpstops, lift height has little to do with bumpstop height. Bumpstop height is dependent on tire size and lift height is a very distant relation as you could put 37's on stock height with flat flares if you bumpstop it at 3"- you would have no uptravel but it would fit and not rub.

measure the coils from the axle mount to the bottom of the perch. stock is 9 3/8". i think i was just over 12"

I might do that tomorrow. I did the shock measurement today. It would make sense, didn't we realize i was about half an inch higher than you Steve?

Sent from my phone?

I still have yet to hit, i do have the tf exhaust spacers tho. Once stocker goes then ill finally put in the 1310

Hinrichs, I would keep the new 1310 and all tools to replace with you when you wheel. My sons stock ds was fine and halfway through a day of wheeling the stock ds had hit the exhaust crossover enough times that it tore the sleeve off and then wore through the ds enough that it broke on the trail.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hinrichs, I would keep the new 1310 and all tools to replace with you when you wheel. My sons stock ds was fine and halfway through a day of wheeling the stock ds had hit the exhaust crossover enough times that it tore the sleeve off and then wore through the ds enough that it broke on the trail.

And he did have the exhaust extensions on it

I might do that tomorrow. I did the shock measurement today. It would make sense, didn't we realize i was about half an inch higher than you Steve?

Sent from my phone?

I think from eyeballing it we said you were but you brought up a good point of not having the front bumper and winch like me as well bringing it down.

Sent from my iPhone

I think from eyeballing it we said you were but you brought up a good point of not having the front bumper and winch like me as well bringing it down.

Sent from my iPhone

Eddie had said something about progressjve rate couls though. You can apparently put a lot more weight on coils like mine.....the down side is they won't allow as much up travel

Sent from my phone?

anyone bringing a kid? my 3 yr old has been asking about going wheeling/camping.. not looking to cramp anyone's style.

Im a sport JKU on 35s, open/open, armor

Progressive rate coils are softer through the initial compression and stiffen once they go beyond the initial softer section of the spring. The softer section is the portion of the coil with the tighter coil pitch. A linear rate spring has only one rate of compression throughout the entire length of the spring.

anyone bringing a kid? my 3 yr old has been asking about going wheeling/camping.. not looking to cramp anyone's style.

Im a sport JKU on 35s, open/open, armor

1386206009578.jpgthis little guy loves it. He comes with 1BAMFR every time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

He is a Kool little kid and a ham for a photo opp.
On another note I'm looking at the synergy tie rod. Mostly due to the reasonable price. what do yall think?

He is a Kool little kid and a ham for a photo opp.
On another note I'm looking at the synergy tie rod. Mostly due to the reasonable price. what do yall think?

Tom, whats the price? I see $325 @ qtec. I think thats a lot for a non DOM rod.

Tom, whats the price? I see $325 @ qtec. I think thats a lot for a non DOM rod.

Yup that's the one. It says chromoly. 2x stronger than stock. Thinking?

View attachment 58819this little guy loves it. He comes with 1BAMFR every time.

awesome.. turns out we have a holiday party on the 14th so we're out anyway.. I will be looking for a Jan trip. I made a thread in the appropriate area (unlike this one :bleh:)..

Where is that pic? I went through Lake Cristy last time and was all psyched.. i turned around and my daughter was sleeping.. WTF!

Top Bottom