Rausch Creek Trip 12-14

No hijack intended, but is anybody going to Rausch this Saturday?

My son is on Thanksgiving vacation and will be going...mostly blues and light blacks.

I unfortunately have been down graded to not going status ...I have to go to Baltimore for the Lacrosse convention.....still a good time, but not the same.

You would come all the way here for a lacross convention? I don't even know these things go on, half of the people in The state don't even know what lacross is.

Sent from my phone?

I've been to that a few times. Great convention.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How do you get an invite? What kind of things do they discuss? I know how to play lacrosse, i have done it for years but it could be fun to see people who are deeper into the game than the stoners I played with in highschool.

Sent from my phone?

No invite, just go online and register.. us lacrosse national conventio.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

As a college coach, we have our yearly organizational meeting, we discuss rule changes etc. there are some good presentations and best practices discussed. Then there's always the go out and party aspect of it.

As a college coach, we have our yearly organizational meeting, we discuss rule changes etc. there are some good presentations and best practices discussed. Then there's always the go out and party aspect of it.

I had no idea you coached lacrosse Ben. Thats awesome.

Sent from my phone?

Went to Rausch this weekend. The trails don't have a lot of snow, but are very slick because of the ice which makes them more challenging. Ran out of battery juice and did not film a lot of the better trails. The guys I went with only did Greens and Blues.

http://youtu.be/oaZw7DbLwH4

That looked like fun. I wonder if there will be any snow on the 14th. looks like a good chance of it. I W's surprised that some of the water didn't have ice on it. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

...I W's surprised that some of the water didn't have ice on it. Thanks for sharing.

There was a lot of ice (chunks) in the water, but you can't tell from the video. A lot of the challenges was getting out of the holes (locks or no locks). As the day warmed up it got better.

Saw one guy camping.

There was a lot of ice (chunks) in the water, but you can't tell from the video. A lot of the challenges was getting out of the holes (locks or no locks). As the day warmed up it got better.

Saw one guy camping.

I'm sure that frozen ground didn't help with traction. I went up last winter and it was a lot like in your vid. It was kinda fun when the ground thawed and you got to play in the mudd. That has to be some cold camping up there on that hill.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry guys, but I don't foresee me attending this trip. I gotta get my steering fixed and still waiting to iron some other things out. Don't have too much fun without me

The Force will be with you.... always

Looks like we have 15-17 in the group so far. If you're still on the fence about making the trip, Check your schedules and
Try to make it out for this one.

On another note, an executive decision has been made by a collective group with regards to camping, and for the most part they have decided to drive up and wheel Saturday morning do a suds and grub Saturday eve, stay at the comfort inn and roll out sunday morning for home.

Anyone who is still planning on camping please let me know so that those that are camping are sure to be connected at echo valley
Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would recommend that you stay on 78 and then take 81 up to Rausch. We took that back roads off Exit 13 and there several patches of black ice.

I'm also out.

I would recommend that you stay on 78 and then take 81 up to Rausch. We took that back roads off Exit 13 and there several patches of black ice.

I'm also out.

As in you will not be joining us on the 14th

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom