RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

Yep. Looking to get it done. Even if I have to bring my heat gun. Lol. Thanks for the help and the tape..!! :thumb:

Ok. Like Tom said, unroll it and lay it out under some books or magazines on a flat surface and transport it that way (if possible) too. A heat gun would actually be a good idea.

Congrats on the install! :thumb: Pix please!

I'll wait to declare victory after the road trip to and from EV/RC. Not to mention the tests the install will get on the trails themselves. I just wiped up some residual oil after it sat for a while. Basically, everything that I splashed around during the infamous pouring of the oil (to include on my head…film at 11) finally gave way to gravity. Now I have a clean surface to check the efficacy of the install. Since I only installed the front diff cover, I still have the second one for the rear with all of its parts in the Jeep, you know…just in case. I will also have all of the tools needed for the job in case I need an encore performance on the Permatex seal. I hope not, because that oil was just freakin' painful to pour in.

Before anyone can chime in…I will freely admit that I was probably doing it wrong.

After listening to Dr. Madness as my first piece of advice, I would advise anyone planning on doing this or replacing the oil in the transfer case to get an oil pump from the auto parts store. While you might not NEED it, it will make the job much faster and lower stress.

So again, we'll see how we're doing tomorrow on any leaking. Wish me and my installation results some good luck!

The BK lounge is quite lovely. Don't forget to tell 'em you are a Rausch Creek member for a 10% discount.

Crossandwich up!

It is quite a nice place....more of a gentleman's club than a resturant :bleh:

Suit up?

First, I have to throw out some VERY LARGE THANKS to Dr. Madness. Not only did he go to Globex to pick up some spacers for me (twice) earlier today, he talked me off of the ledge tonight when I just…could…not…get…it…to…work! I could not get the oil to go into the diff case after the installation of the new cover. By the way, I have many stories about this installation, but only one very important lesson learned:

When Dr. Madness tells you not to wrench on something the day before you leave for a weekend trip - LISTEN TO HIM!!!

Ed, I cannot thank you enough for your over-the-phone instructions. They were invaluable.

I have got to remember to ask you tomorrow how this happened :thinking:

Oh, I'm going to need a little assistance tomorrow at the campground. I know that there's seems to be a long waiting list, but I recieved my WAL windshield decal today :rock: and didn't have time or help to put it on. I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Bring some windex or something to clean the top of your windshiel real good.

Sent from my phone?

Good Morning and no. I haven't even started yet but I'll get the wife on that while I go to work for a few hours. Can't wait to get on the road. I've been up since four.

Sent from my MB865 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good Morning and no. I haven't even started yet but I'll get the wife on that while I go to work for a few hours. Can't wait to get on the road. I've been up since four.

Aaahhhhh the Wife lol

Figures the morning of, we have a major emergency at work. Haha. Sleep is for the weak. :grayno:

I'm still in. :yup:

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

Luckily I have until tomorow morning till I need to be packed up. Not so lucky I have bunch of other stuff to do today :thinking:

The dog had to go outside at 0330 this morning, so I used that excuse to check my handiwork for leaks. None. So at least I know that the diff case/cover doesn't leak just sitting still after a 20 minute test drive. We'll see how it does on the ride to EV tonight.

Oh yeah…WE'RE GOING CAMPING TONIGHT AND WHEELING TOMORROW!!! Needless to say, I am looking forward to seeing you all again and hitting those greens and light blues like a BOSS!

Did I thank Dr. Madness yet? No? THANKS AGAIN DR. M!

Morning fellas. I just got to work for what will be perceived as the longest shift ever. I'm mostly packed, just gotta get a few more things together when I get home. Can't wait to be arouns that campfire.

I'm pre-planning right now a small group (4-5 rigs) to do blacks tomorrow. So far the list is Jim (Hinrich), Keoni (1BAMFR), and myself. Tom you care to join? Who wants to fill the last spot?

Sent from my iPhone

First, I have to throw out some VERY LARGE THANKS to Dr. Madness. Not only did he go to Globex to pick up some spacers for me (twice) earlier today, he talked me off of the ledge tonight when I just…could…not…get…it…to…work! I could not get the oil to go into the diff case after the installation of the new cover. By the way, I have many stories about this installation, but only one very important lesson learned:

When Dr. Madness tells you not to wrench on something the day before you leave for a weekend trip - LISTEN TO HIM!!!

Ed, I cannot thank you enough for your over-the-phone instructions. They were invaluable.

You are very welcome my friend :)

It is quite a nice place....more of a gentleman's club than a resturant :bleh:

Suit up?

I have got to remember to ask you tomorrow how this happened :thinking:

Bring some windex or something to clean the top of your windshiel real good.

Sent from my phone?
Add to that if you have some rubbing alcohol that would be great. I hope you dont mind telling the story twice color me intrigued
Morning is everyone finished packing because im not lol.
Dont even have the camping gear yet its at my sons girls house but I do have these packeduploadfromtaptalk1382701102673.jpg

Thats great haha my wife doesn't pack anything but food for us camping gear is dads job but I like packing .
I'm pre-planning right now a small group (4-5 rigs) to do blacks tomorrow. So far the list is Jim (Hinrich), Keoni (1BAMFR), and myself. Tom you care to join? Who wants to fill the last spot?

Sent from my iPhone
Count me in if know one else is up for it.my only hesitation is that I have no extra skids. But seeing how I'm such a veteran wheeler I think im up for the challenge. Lol I was being facetious on the last part

Tom

Count me in if know one else is up for it.my only hesitation is that I have no extra skids. But seeing how I'm such a veteran wheeler I think im up for the challenge. Lol I was being facetious on the last part

Tom

haha well your in! the only extra skid i have is the oil pan skid and i havent touched it yet so your fine tom!

Good morning, everyone. I'm up and packed. I'm just going over everything one last time. Also, making a quick run to Home Depot to see if I can grab some supplies to make my own "Quick disconnects". Windex and alcohol added to list. Thanks, again.

Ed, looks like I'll be there by 3, after all..!! :rock:

Can't wait to set up the tent and have that 1st ice cold "tasty beverage"..!! :beer::beer::beer:

The day has finally arrived fellas (and ladies) and although I can't leave til around 6:30 I cannot wait to hit the road. Off work today and the remainder of the prep and packing begins now. See you in 12.

Morning all!! Will be headed for the comfort inn around 330-4, I think next time I'll need to look into camping with you guys it sounds like a fun time. See you all in the am!!! :)

Good morning, everyone. I'm up and packed. I'm just going over everything one last time. Also, making a quick run to Home Depot to see if I can grab some supplies to make my own "Quick disconnects". Windex and alcohol added to list. Thanks, again.

Ed, looks like I'll be there by 3, after all..!! :rock:

Can't wait to set up the tent and have that 1st ice cold "tasty beverage"..!! :beer::beer::beer:

Excellent, I should be there around 3 also

Top Bottom