RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

Speaking of wrenching in the cold... Aeraun, you get that skid plate installed or is it on deck for tomorrow night?

I'm in school today until like 630-7. If my father is up for it later I will be doing it, but I'd say most likely that I'll be bringing it tomorrow

I'm in school today until like 630-7. If my father is up for it later I will be doing it, but I'd say most likely that I'll be bringing it tomorrow
Ok. I've already got my tools packed, so I'll have whatever we need to get the new skid on correctly and quickly.

Scott, get a pair of front 1 3/4 spacers today and we'll put them on tomorrow at Echo, in 1 hour.. And you'll be golden until you decide what to do

Doing that right now on my sons jeep. lost about 1.5" on a 3.5" lift with bumper and winch. Replacing springs and adding 1 3/4 Synergy spacers... front only... will level out the stance.

Doing that right now on my sons jeep. lost about 1.5" on a 3.5" lift with bumper and winch. Replacing springs and adding 1 3/4 Synergy spacers... front only... will level out the stance.

I'm on my way to pick up the same spacers for ScottC, we are gonna throw them in at the campground (illegal wrenching)...:eek:

Someone bring a big sheet of cardboard for laying purposes. A magnetic trey might not be a bad ides either.

Sent from my phone?

It can be done with out jack stands lifting up the front, but it's way easier with them if you have a set, please toss 'em in the back.

I was able to do my evap skid on the ground with no problem, but for the front I needed a lift. On the ground you have to be a contortionist to reach the motor mounts to install the support brackets. Mine is the ARB so a lot different.

Not sure how many are using them in the US. Done a lot of searching and could not find much info. Started a thread and not one response, so the jury is still out on them. We'll see how they do this weekend. BTW, the evap skid is included with the front skid. Gives good coverage.

Took a chance on them...hope I won't regret it.

Also, had a friend make me some rear shock skid. Not sure how they are going to hold up, but that's where I get my scraps and bangs. Still in development. I think they are going to need a side bracket, but we'll see. They are welded on.

I'm on my way to pick up the same spacers for ScottC, we are gonna throw them in at the campground (illegal wrenching)...:eek:

Finished about an hour ago, took me two hours to get em on. Would've been much easier if I remembered to disconnect the track bar along with the shocks and sway bar links. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't drop the drivers side... duh!
Nonetheless, with the replacement 3.5" springs and the 1 3/4" spacers were 1/4" above pre-bumper & winch lift height. So the spacers netted us 1/4" which means the sag was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5"
Looks good now and we're ready to pack up the jeeps and roll out tomorrow afternoon. Looking so forward to this trip.

Finished about an hour ago, took me two hours to get em on. Would've been much easier if I remembered to disconnect the track bar along with the shocks and sway bar links. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't drop the drivers side... duh!
Nonetheless, with the replacement 3.5" springs and the 1 3/4" spacers were 1/4" above pre-bumper & winch lift height. So the spacers netted us 1/4" which means the sag was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.5"
Looks good now and we're ready to pack up the jeeps and roll out tomorrow afternoon. Looking so forward to this trip.

That's funny,i'm glad you got it done.:cool:

That's funny,i'm glad you got it done.:cool:

Funny now, not funny when I was cursing my son (who was not present to help), throwing wrenches all over the driveway and giving myself a hernia trying to remove that spring.

Oh the things we do for a wheelin' trip.

Funny now, not funny when I was cursing my son (who was not present to help), throwing wrenches all over the driveway and giving myself a hernia trying to remove that spring.

Oh the things we do for a wheelin' trip.

Don't feel bad,the ENFORCER (ScottC) is mud wrestling with the diff covers right now .

Also, had a friend make me some rear shock skid. Not sure how they are going to hold up, but that's where I get my scraps and bangs. Still in development. I think they are going to need a side bracket, but we'll see. They are welded on.

Nice skids :thumb:

Top Bottom