RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

Veetz, I just put the Poison Spyder JK Brawler Mid bumper with a Warn Zeon 10 winch on the front of my rig. While I no longer look like a charter member of the Billet Silver Bypass Committee, I have about 1.5-2" less clearance on the front of my Jeep than I did when I was stock. (I feel like I am writing into Ann Landers) What would you suggest I do to ensure that I get 2.5 to 3" of lift on the Jeep and not just return the front to the original stock height?

I'm a low low rida :)

Hey, I'll definitely keep you posted on my Friday departure. You still leaving at 1630?

Oh, trust me. The bumper will definitely be off & everything prepped for install once UPS delivers the EVO mounts..!! And then off I go to Tremont.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes sir. I'll be aiming for a 1600-1630 departure

Gotta go with longer springs. If you just add spacers you gain the height back but lose your spring rate and spring travel. Figure how much you lost with the added weight and add a heavier duty longer spring.

Question on this. How would you determine what you would loose if the new coil is stronger? Or is the idea to give you a general idea what you would loose to keep it from as much sag?

Tom

Progressive rate coils won't sag either but won't have as much up travel

Sent from my phone?

Actually they will have only slightly less up travel as the same length linear rate spring, the difference is that the progressive rate spring requires only a fraction of the weight to continue compression. Where a linear spring may require 200 lbs to compress it one inch and another 200 lbs to compress it the second inch and so on. a progressive rate spring will maintain it's ride quality as it may take 200 lbs to compress it the first inch but the second inch of compression will only require a fraction of that weigh.

Not sure a progressive rate spring is the solution to overweight bumpers/ front end. A stronger spring capable of holding up the increased weight IMHO is the way to go.

Question on this. How would you determine what you would loose if the new coil is stronger? Or is the idea to give you a general idea what you would loose to keep it from as much sag?

Tom

The idea is to compare the current setup you are running and reference the capabilities of your current springs (also known as K-factor or spring constant) and come up with a spring solution that will provide the load carrying capability that you require for your particular set up.

I know a few companies provide heavier load carrying springs (Old Man Emu for one) based on the equipment/ gear you are carrying.

A few others do heavyweight springs also, AEV, Poly, Rock Krawler and Synergy

Last edited:
Puedo conseguir un, "Qué Qué"!

Which, as you all know, is a rough Spanish translation of, "Can I get a what what"!

See some of you TOMORROW!

Woohoo I'm so excited I overslept this morning :yup:

ZACH PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY QUESTION, I just put the Poison Spyder JK Brawler Mid bumper with a Warn Zeon 10 winch on the front of my rig. While I no longer look like a charter member of the Billet Silver Bypass Committee, I have about 1.5-2" less clearance on the front of my Jeep than I did when I was stock. (I feel like I am writing into Ann Landers) What would you suggest I do to ensure that I get 2.5 to 3" of lift on the Jeep and not just return the front to the original stock height?

Why sure Scott. You are only planning (at this time) to go max of 35's right? Well if thats the case you are going to want 2.5" of lift at most 3". So it is recommended you go with a spring that size from a GOOD company who offers springs that won't sag or squat. Synergy is one that was mentioned that I have personally seen in action on and off road, and there was no squatting. Evo has an account on here (I assume Mel uses it) and awile back he said on a topic about the evo coils that they should never squat and if they do then you should call them.

So my point of this rant was you have options of springs that will give you heigh you want that won't squat due to heavy bumpers.

I have a pile of stuff by my door. Its a pile the dog left but it is by the door. That pile is outside by the way.

I have my gear bag and cooler chilling upstairs waiting to leave. Tools are already in the Jeep :yup:

I have a pile of stuff by my door. Its a pile the dog left but it is by the door. That pile is outside by the way.

I have my gear bag and cooler chilling upstairs waiting to leave. Tools are already in the Jeep :yup:

Nice.:thumb:

Top Bottom