RAUSCH CREEK TRIP 10/26-10/27 (GREENS/BLUES with a touch of BLACKS)

Woohoo I'm so excited I overslept this morning :yup:

Why sure Scott. You are only planning (at this time) to go max of 35's right? Well if thats the case you are going to want 2.5" of lift at most 3". So it is recommended you go with a spring that size from a GOOD company who offers springs that won't sag or squat. Synergy is one that was mentioned that I have personally seen in action on and off road, and there was no squatting. Evo has an account on here (I assume Mel uses it) and awile back he said on a topic about the evo coils that they should never squat and if they do then you should call them.

So my point of this rant was you have options of springs that will give you heigh you want that won't squat due to heavy bumpers.

If I may be so bold as to chime in one more time on this and then I will be done on this subject... Squat is generally referred to as the motion of the rear of the vehicle drooping on acceleration- the opposite of that would be dive at the front end during braking. Of course you want neither of these negative effects. This is very different from weighing down your front end (or rear for that matter) with heavy equipment or gear. A high quality no squat spring will do nothing for you if you over weight that spring say with a 6' stinger with a 12k winch with 100' of wire rope and an elephant hanging off the tip of the stinger. That is going to require a heavier spring made to accommodate that load at the proper or desired ride height.

So my point is to look into the heavier springs of the correct length. A few of the spring companies list their springs by the amount of weight over stock weight that you plan on carrying.

See you in Tremont.

Nate

Scott, get a pair of front 1 3/4 spacers today and we'll put them on tomorrow at Echo, in 1 hour.. And you'll be golden until you decide what to do

Scott, get a pair of front 1 3/4 spacers today and we'll put them on tomorrow at Echo, in 1 hour.. And you'll be golden until you decide what to do
Don't forget to put on a back set to level it out. Don't want him flagging down UFO's with his head lights or anything. :D

Don't forget to put on a back set to level it out. Don't want him flagging down UFO's with his head lights or anything. :D

I have a 3/4 inch pair for the rear, KP the Enforcer is panicking, you're good at this try to figure where he could get a front set today down by his neck of the woods.

I have a 3/4 inch pair for the rear, KP the Enforcer is panicking, you're good at this try to figure where he could get a front set today down by his neck of the woods.

Maybe he could ask hinrichs really nicely to pick him up a set at Qtec. Bad Boyz off road or one of the local Trick Trucks might have a set in stock as well.

Maybe he could ask hinrichs really nicely to pick him up a set at Qtec. Bad Boyz off road or one of the local Trick Trucks might have a set in stock as well.

The problem is we need this tomorrow, I might be able to stop at globex on the way home..... Scott if you are reading this, give me the Go and I'll pick them up

The problem is we need this tomorrow, I might be able to stop at globex on the way home..... Scott if you are reading this, give me the Go and I'll pick them up
Working out in the cold tomorrow with cold metal is not going to be fun. Just wheel it as is for now instead of rushing for a last minute install. :twocents:

Besides, I might have a lead on a great deal on a leveling kit for you in the next few months. :thumb:

Working out in the cold tomorrow with cold metal is not going to be fun. Just wheel it as is for now instead of rushing for a last minute install. :twocents:

Besides, I might have a lead on a great deal on a leveling kit for you in the next few months. :thumb:

By then he's gonna have a lift, wrenching in the cold (been there done that), your call Scott... I'm game.

I'm looking for a leveling kit or spacers if anyone has them and would like to sell. Let me know. Could use them asap.

Top Bottom